_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
IPMS or AMPS meetings...
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 03:57 AM UTC
Hi there!
It probably would sounds weird for you guys who are used to participate of modelling meetings ( I mean that kindda meeting held every month or more with your local group).
So, the question is: We got a modelling club (just a bunch of guys) in my town, I'm one of the founders, but in the last 3 to 4 years, the participations downsized, and we can't put together more than 3 peoples in the meetings. Since I'd like to increase the modelling in my home town and bring another people to the hobby (thx to Armora, that inspired me again ), I'd like to know how the meetings are in USA, what do you do for bring more people to activity and most important, how to make the older fellow modeller movie back to hobby again....
I know my question sounds confusion, but the point is: How your modellings meetings are?
We have promoted shows every year (our show is the older in whole Brazil, even to the IPMS Brasil), but the number of modellers that brings models still is downsizing (we're probably doing or not doing at all, something wrong).
I'll appreciate any kind of comments.
Cheers!
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:09 AM UTC
Not sure what to suggest but, our club also only has 3 active members. When the quarterly contest rolls around its usually me and one other guy. The third active one is the one guy who always judges our kits. Because of our clubs location, people automatically think all we build is NASCAR. This is not so, in fact not many race cars at all. Maybe one a year. Maybe try an in club contest and the winner gets a new kit or maybe even a gift certicate to some online hobby store. Just thought I'd throw that at ya.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 09:02 PM UTC
Many Thanks Penny!
It´s something like that I was searching...but when you make weekly meetings how is it?
Cheers!
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 02:54 AM UTC
We have one meeting a month. Maybe just maybe every not and again we may have a weekend build session. But then the same three people are the ones that show up. Now that the weather is getting warmer, its going to be harder to get them in for the meetings
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 06:22 AM UTC
Well, if this is a matter of warm weather, I´m in trouble (just kindding )
Cheers! thx
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 09:17 PM UTC
Hi,
My local club has what we call a model marathon once a month besides our regular meeting,were we get together ,everyone brings something to work on and we just sit around talking and building models,we have a great time,plus we have a simple model contest every three months and we advertise this through the local hobby shop,we have some folks who only show up for that but they show up and thats what counts.
Good luck and have fun. modelmaniac
 _GOTOTOP