_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Hello and model clubs
rodders
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 08:46 PM UTC
Dear all,
Hi, this is the first time i've posted here. I live in a little town called Northwich in Cheshire and wondered if anyone knew of any model clubs in this area i could join. The problem i have is i can't drive which is strange as i've worked as a Rover partsman for 27 years. I build the usual military stuff in the popular scales.
The talent i see on this website is much better than mine and i would have to pratice for a hundred years to be even half as good, which, is about how long it will take me to finish my stash of unmade kits.
Thanks
pod123
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 187 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:25 PM UTC
hi rodders, i live in the far south west and dont belong to any model club only the one here on the big "A"
my advice to you would be just use this site there are world class experts on here on all subjects and techniques and you can post pics of your work whenever you want and get feedback on them pretty much 24/7 so you wont have to wait for a monthly meeting
ive been back modelling 3years now and have learnt so much stuff all of it off this site that i,m now building models which are good enough to sell its all on here mate you just have to search and post and all problems will be answered
hope this helps you and good luck with finding a club
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 01:47 AM UTC
Hi Rodders.
I live in Worcestershire and I dont know of any local model clubs to where I live.But to be honest mate,,you dont really need them,everything you could wish for and more you can find on here!
Ive only been building again for about 4 months after a 20+ year break and the amount Ive learnt has been incredible.You can really see the difference between what I built before Christmas and what Ive just finished.
I post pictures of everything I finish,some in progress shots sometimes as well,and from comments and advice I try and incorporate everything into following builds.
I have already met up with quite a few members and hope to do so again at up and coming shows.I see transport is a bit of an issue for you but it wouldnt surprise me if there is another member close enough to you to maybe split petrol costs with so you could come along as well.
Enjoy the big A,,you wont go far wrong!
Nige
arnie360
Visit this Community
entire network: 62 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 02:03 AM UTC
hi andrew, i'm totally rubbish at model making, so i'll stick around and make you look good, ok? :-)
rodders
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:24 PM UTC
Dear all,
Thank you for all your kind replies i think i will keep coming back here regularly because as you all rightly said everybody is so willing to help, and offer loads of advice.
Plus, sorry adam but you haven't seen my models so
i'm sure yours are much better than anything i can do.
)
Thanks everyone
arnie360
Visit this Community
entire network: 62 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 05:47 PM UTC
i just put some pics of mine up in the 'attempts' thread here at the UK frum.

so you can judge for yourself now!
 _GOTOTOP