_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
The Returning modeler
RickyBob
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 08:58 AM UTC
I got back into modeling last year and so far have completed two models, a P-47 and Bf109. I am currently working on a Fw190 and a Spitfire LF Mk IXe. I recently got a Thayer & Chandler Vega 2000 Deluxe kit and a Dremel 400XPR moto-tool. I have several other interests so my model building is a rather lengthy process as I'm re-learning a lot of stuff and trying to learn and try new techniques. I'm the newsletter editor of our model club newsletter and am currently creating an archive of newsletters dating back to the early '90s. Needless to say this is very time consuming.
I build primarily out of box and build military aircraft from about the mid-'30s (after biplanes) to modern in 1/72 and 1/48 scale although I do have a couple of 1/32 scale kits that will get built.
I'm also a retired 30-year USAF veteran (8 active and 22 reserve).
Glad to be a member.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:18 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama, Bob. Good to see you here as well as when we meet in person. I recognized the "Returning Modeler" moniker right away and the Rickybob just about nailed it. As you may know, John visits pretty regularly and posts as "EasyOff" and Bryan occasionally stops by as "Tuck." A few other guys lurk here as well.
EasyOff
Visit this Community
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 289 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 02:38 AM UTC
Hey Hey Hey! Glad to see you aboard Bob! This surely is a fine place to check out on a daily basis. There's so much to see and so much to learn.

One of the things that amaze me about Armorama is that I've actually become closer to some of the people here, from around the world than I've let in my door at home. Just about everyone is friendly here, if they're not, then we have way's of making them feel like this really isn't the place for them to be . Hello Moderators!

Feel free to PM if you have any questions on how things work around here. If I can remember, I'll do my best to answer them hahahaha.

John
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi Bob.
Welcome along to the big A.Looks like you know loads of people on here already.Well,,nows the time to expand your friendships across the globe
Looking forward to seeing you around in the aircraft forum.Dont forget to post some photos
Nige
RickyBob
Visit this Community
entire network: 7 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 07:31 AM UTC
Thanks for the greeting Nigel. The first two replies were from members of our model club, Wings & Wheels Modelers. I posted two of my models (the only two complete right now) in the Member Photo section under RickyBob. I'll add more as time (and money) permits.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 08:18 AM UTC
Your story sounds similar. Many of us came back to models after years off and take months to finish anything!!!
 _GOTOTOP