Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Conspiracy theory?
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 03:31 AM UTC
Every time I go to post pics of my latest work, the gallery is down - think someone's trying to tell me something?
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 11:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

heehee Dave,

you could be right mate, that's why i have a Photobucket account...it also has a much larger storage facility than the on site one... it also resizes pictures files too fit the download size.... hope this helps mate

But not much use when I have to put the pics in the 'figure of the month' gallery here though! Thanks anyway James.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 05:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Every time I go to post pics of my latest work, the ******* gallery is down - think someone's trying to tell me something?

Could I make the more boring suggestion that perhaps the Gallery being down was due to the server switchover?

Quoted Text

it also resizes pictures files too fit the download size

Yes we have that facility as well, Obviously it doesn't work when we're all busy hiding images of alien autopsies..Jim
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Could I make the more boring suggestion that perhaps the Gallery being down was due to the server switchover?

This was last night and this morning Jim, thought the server issues were all sorted?
If that's still a problem I can wait!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 08:19 PM UTC
If you guys are really interested in the boring technical aspects of managing the site.... :-)

The nameservers changed over because the domain (kitmaker.net) was transferred from DirectNic to GoDaddy and there was an additional change I needed to make to move them to the regularly hosted type nameservers.

All this stuff is a one time deal so I don't see any future outages anytime soon.

Sites like PhotoBucket are indeed a good deal. Like a lot of the "Free" stuff out there I kind of wonder if they will still be around in a few years (it's make or break time for many of these startups). But hey the same could be true for Armorama if people start thinking that what we *do* offer is not substantial.

Thanks,
Jim

DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:03 PM UTC
All working fine again now!