_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
A late greeting to all
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 182 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 10:04 PM UTC
Hello
I joined the group last month and am finally gettting around to saying hello. I started building tanks and airplane when I was about 7 years old and continued on and off through college when I started to expand into diorama and figure painting after reading Shep Paine's books. I stopped about 20 years ago when I got hired as a police officer in Addison, Illinois ( a very busy Chicago suburb), met my wife and had 5 ( 3girls:16, 14 & 11 and 2 boys: 6 and 3). About 2 years ago I got the itch to build again and started buying some new kits and modeling magazines. WOW things had changed. I've finally grown tired of my daugters asking me when I'm actually going to build one of the kits so now I am in the process of finding a work space (no small task in my house that we have out grown), getting some new tools and supplies and getting up to speed on all the changes that have taken place in the past 20 years.
This is the most informative, user friendly and well designed site I have found. Keep up the good work.
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 01:59 AM UTC
David -

Welcome to Armorama. Always good to have more coming back into the hobby again. I did the same thing about a year or so ago. This is definitely the place to be for all the help and support, reference and research, tips and technigues, and just great sharing you'll ever need. Anxious to see and hear more from you.

Blade48mrd
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 182 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 04:23 AM UTC
Thanks Mike
I think I'm going to need a raise or a second job though for all the things I want now.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 06:43 AM UTC
Thanks for joining us david. As you have found out already,this is a great site for the hobby.You are not alone as a returnee to the hobby by a long shot! :-) My hat's off to you if you can find time and space for this in your environment! Hope to see some of your stuff soon!
Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP