TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Like Rainbow Six? Try this one!
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 03:38 AM UTC
There's a new shooter out from Europe called 'The Regiment'. If you liked the Rainbow Six games, definitely give this one a try as it's outstanding! I actually prefer this experience to the R6 games, the AI is more realistic here.

The friendly AI does have some pathing issues in confined spaces but are definitely better than the latest Lockdown AI by FAR. Not only that but the terrorist AI isn't the one shot, one kill wonder that has always grated on my nerves with the R6 games. These guys actually DO miss when they shoot at you but not always, of course if you're right on top of them expect to get hosed but no cross map dead eye aimed shots.

The first Embassy mission (the Prince's Gate mission from 1980) is kick ass, you do each part of the mission as a different element each time while other AI takes care of the other tasks. While you do your mission you'll hear cross talk on the radio, sporadic gun fire and explosions as if you are there. It's a real blast! Well worth the $40 I spent on it.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 08:35 AM UTC
I heard this wasn't available in the US. I'm busy revisiting Operation Flashpoint after finding a new enhancement pack the other day.

Paul
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 09:14 AM UTC
I bought mine from gogamer.com, worth the buy if you like CQB stuff but at a much faster pace than R6. That doesn't mean it's an arcade game, there IS an arcade version you can play or you can play in Sim mode which is pretty awesome.