_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
BEWARE: Scott A. Sheppard (hercjack on e-bay)
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 400 Posts
KitMaker Network: 243 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:24 AM UTC
Sorry to have to do this but Scott A. Sheppard (e-mail address of [email protected] yes he will more than likely change it) of Australia also known as Herkjack on E-bay ripped me off for $70.00 and PayPal said he was at fault but they can not recover the funds. BEWARE of this seller if you are dealing with him as he is very dishonest and will steal from you. Funny most modelers are honest folk but some just have to be crooked? Go figure?
Cheers
Jeff
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:33 AM UTC
Jeff,

i'm sorry to hear your story.

here's a thread about this herjack dude

Another eBay tactics

AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 03:17 PM UTC
Sorry to hear this.
I have purchased from him before and it went fine - however I noticed that he has closed his ebay account.
I'm pretty sure I have his address and number somewhere - let me look.

Edit:

His contact detaisl from Ebay:

Contact Information for hercjack :

User ID: hercjack
Name: michael a andrews
Company:
City: toowoomba
State/Territory: Queensland
Phone: 0746331234
Registered Since: Sunday, 02 Jun, 2002 15:00:37 AEST

** However the above number looked a little suss - so armed with the info I searched at www.whitepages.com.au :
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/search/results.jhtml?pname=andrews&pstreet=&parea=capital&pstate=q&psuburb=toowoomba&pinitial=&psearchType=res&_DARGS=%2Fwp%2Fsearch%2FpageLinks.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=4" TARGET="_blank">
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/search/results.jhtml?pname=andrews&pstreet=&parea=capital&pstate=q&psuburb=toowoomba&pinitial=&psearchType=res&_DARGS=%2Fwp%2Fsearch%2FpageLinks.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=4

A determined modeller could eliminate the obvious ones and ring the others.......

Also if you used a credit card to finance paypal ring them. They tend to take fraud very, very seriously.
Good luck.
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:23 PM UTC
Thanks for the info! I see that he uses two names with the same account? Interesting? It will be helpful as I am reporting him to his local police as well as all other agencies that can make his life miserable down your way. At this point I look at the $70.00 as an admission fee to make his life so much more interesting with the police bothering him and getting in all sorts of nasty situations with folks that know him!
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:30 PM UTC
Is it Herkjack or Hercjack? I notice the title and initial post differ in spelling.
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:40 PM UTC
Sorry Rob it was late last night when I started. it is hercjack out of Australia seems to be suspended now but is known to use other e-bay ID's so becareful with this guy as he is a real winner. Also notice above that he has different names as well.
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 09:51 PM UTC
Just got an e-mail from the scum bag here it is: by all means, but that will only effect me if that is my real name??? So it look like Michael is the name huh? Any of you folks out there know this thief?
AndyD
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got an e-mail from the scum bag here it is: by all means, but that will only effect me if that is my real name??? So it look like Michael is the name huh? Any of you folks out there know this thief?

What did the email say?
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 09:58 PM UTC
Hi Andy
here it is again I posted it without quotes above sorry. E-Mail from hercjack "by all means, but that will only effect me if that is my real name???" arrogant sob huh?
AndyD
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 - 06:37 AM UTC
Hi,

I have made contact with a few people that have sold to him (hence they will have a shipping address) Hopefully should have a reply for you in the next few days.
I hate scammers - modelling is such a small,community in Oz and guys like this don't help.
 _GOTOTOP