_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
German Tiger I Mid Production by Tamiya
Ladoga
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 03:33 AM UTC
Good afternoon everyone !

My call name is Ladoga. I'm a new member to Armorama. Please refer to my profile for information on me. Now started building German Tiger I Tank (mid production). This kit from Tamiya. Scale 1/35 Military Miniature Series NO.194. Will soon add pictures to my profile showing my construction site and tank.

Would like to learn a good trick or two on how to assemble the tracks and install on tank with the least problems. Each track consists of 100 pieces and for me this is quite a challenge as a beginner.

Any help is much appreciated. You can answer me either in English or French.

Best regards.

François
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 06:21 AM UTC
Hi Francois Welcome to the site. Iam sure you'l enjoy looking at the features and on display and reading through the forums.

For iny tracks i find using Tenax 7r glued in lenghts to work very well. First rap a lenght around hte sprocket, then begine making a lenght of straigh tracks, let dry. Then continue that lenght and wrap it around hte idler and continue until both ends meet. Tenax will melt your plastic and enable you to work them around the roadwheels, idler and sprocket and is available at militaryhobbies.ca.
The finished result should look something like this. take take both halves off and paint speratly before assembling( very easy)

The other Francois.
 _GOTOTOP