Discuss general weathering topics here.
mig pigments
pod123
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 187 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 01:46 AM UTC
hi guys i,m thinking of ordering some of these in the near future as i like the effects i,ve seen produced with them can someone point me in the right direction of say 6 or 8 basic colours which will do what i need i model armour and figures mainly so looking to make the normal grim, rust, dust etc also what is the best medium to use to mix them with many thanks
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 02:19 AM UTC
Hi Pod

Try:

Light Dust P027
Brick Dust P029
Dark Mud P033
Light Rust P024
Black Smoke P023

Netmerchants have them, if you want to see more of a range go to www.netmerchants.co.uk.

Delivery normally takes 1/3 days

You can apply them dry, sort of dust on, mix with water, turps, mud all mannet of things - try a few experiments. There is an article on the site about this, probably under General Modelling, check past posts, sorry I can't remember which one it was.

Hope this helps

Al

Edit - see Jim's post, ther you have it straight from the horses mouth, no water - opps

jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,267 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi once again Pod, I wonder if this missing lynx article will be of help as it is my the man Mig himself, who better.

regards,

John

http://www.missing-lynx.com/rare_world/rw05.htm
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 01:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You can apply them dry, sort of dust on, mix with water, turps, mud all mannet of things

Well, yes and no. Here are some suggestions:

Mud: mix the pigment into Acrylic Gel (available in any good artist's supply store)

Streaking/rust/dust etc. Apply with Turpentine - not the rubbish you buy in a plastic bottle, but the small bottles of Windsor and Newton stuff - odorless, expensive, but a superb investment nevertheless.

Water? I don't recommend this at all - use something which will BOND to the pigments, water certainly won't. You will be able to apply it in this manner, but it will simply 'lie' on the model's surface..Jim
pod123
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 187 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 12:13 AM UTC
hi all firstly thanks alan for the list and the heads up in the direction of net merchants i will be placeing a order this evening
john many thanks for the link very usefull imediatly printed it off and filed beside my workbench
lastly jimbrae many thanks for the pointers in how to use the stuff cant wait for it to arrive now so i can have a play
one further thing can you use a white pigment to make snow in the same way as mud????
 _GOTOTOP