_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Shipping and Customs woes
Vorster
Visit this Community
North-West, South Africa
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 05:02 PM UTC
Please allow this one rant. I ordered some stuff a while back from GHQ in the US. Now they say the stuff will be here within 2 weeks. It did arrive here within two week, but it is not here! Some guy at customs in Cape Town after not finiding the invoice tapped the box up and left it there. It has been sitting on their floor since the 20th and no one has even thought to phone me or my supplier in the cape and ask for the invoice. I bet that thing would have sat there until the end of the world if we hadn't started raising hell.

Same goes for a book I ordered some time ago. I orderd and payed on the 5th but it was only shipped on the 16th. I payed through my nose for international priority shipping. I need the tracking number to see where it is but the company just say sorry we don't give that out. Oh what a lot of ..... And this after paying $65 for the book.
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 125 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 01:18 AM UTC
Sorry Theunis

As much as I would like to feel sorry for you regards this, I'm afraid that I carn't.

Waite until you ship in regular and large amounts as in importation for business.

I could tell you stories that will make your nut hairs stand on end!

However I suppose it's all relative

hang in there!!

Cheers

Graugrun
Bomberman
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 84 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2006 - 11:41 AM UTC
When I ordered stuff it wasn't Customs that gave me trouble but our own dear Post Office.........

The goods were paid for on the 1st Dec, shipped on the 16th from Hong Kong to the Virgin Islands, from the Virgin Islands to SA on the 20th and in SA on the 22nd. I was notified of its arrival on the 3rd of the next month.

Guess you can't win them all.....
 _GOTOTOP