Armor kits for sale by poster.
M1A1 OIF bustle rack extensions
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 163 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 08:17 AM UTC
These are on ebay but from the board I'll take $6.50 and a $1.50 shipping in the US. Other country at cost . Cast in tan resin from my design. Five pieces , bottom , both sides, rear and center attachment. Flash is thin enough to read through. Gary
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 03:18 PM UTC
That looks pretty cool! Are they for army or Marine?? Have you got any pics of them in use? I dont dobt your work im juts interested to see were could use them, as I would be interetsed in one of them-how much to UK?

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
entire network: 5,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 03:49 PM UTC
This is the original Marine BRE. I sent Gary a copy of Tankeader word file with the correct size and dimensions.

I guess his molds are accurate.

olivier
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 03:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is the original Marine BRE.

While this is indeed originally Marine type, these BREs are used by both Army and Marines these days.

Pawel
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 07:44 PM UTC
Olivier, the measurments aren't perfect per that document. Which I appreciate. It was specificly fitted to the dimentions of the Trumpeter kit.
And I do apoligise, it never occured that it would apear I was profiting from your generosity. Wasn't my intent. I just didn't want to build one again and figured there were others like myself who couldn't afford the Acadamy kit just for the rack and would take one at a fair price.

Gary
garyj36 @ yahoo.com
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 07:57 PM UTC
There is a step btw as well as simple vertical bushing detail as well as the void at the top of the side attacments. Round relief is only on the outer and bottom sides to facilitate an efficiant mold design with minimal defects. And I see I attached a side bar crooked during assembly. The casting has flash thin enough to read fine print through. But the info to construct one is out there. But if one dosn't have time, I'll cast one at what I think is reasonable.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
entire network: 5,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Olivier, the measurments aren't perfect per that document. Which I appreciate. It was specificly fitted to the dimentions of the Trumpeter kit.
And I do apoligise, it never occured that it would apear I was profiting from your generosity. Wasn't my intent.

Hi Gary don't worry. My message is NOT a bad trader alert at all. I just intended to tell the community you made your BRE from valuable reference I passed on you.
I'm a bit surprised that the measurements would be wrong as Tankleader who wrote the file was the tank expert for the Corps before he retired. But I haven't seen a real beast myself.

olivier
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 12:17 AM UTC
No , the documents measurements are correct. Some fminor udging was done to facilitate fit to the kit and mold engineering. Anyone who has casted a lot of delicate parts will appreciate the desire to create molds that produce consistant , low reject parts without the mold breaking. Also , one wants a part that is robust enough to facilitate cleanup and assembly but still look right. And these fit that need
 _GOTOTOP