_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Rocco Models
REMF11M
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
entire network: 181 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 04:49 AM UTC
Does anyone know where I can find Rocco (1/72 scale) models online
#:-)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 05:17 AM UTC
Roco is actually 1/87 (HO) scale.

Dealers

Hope this Helps.

Matt
REMF11M
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 09:51 AM UTC
Thanks this is just what I was looking for. :-)
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 12:03 PM UTC
Have you tried eBay? I bought some to supplement my ones I brought back from Germany. Best bet is to buy many from the same seller to save on shipping costs.
REMF11M
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 03:29 PM UTC
I'm stationed in Germany now. I was really trying to see if Rocco's online catalog was better than their paper one. The toy store (only place around here I can get models) has a good soliction but the works at the store, don't speak very much english and I don't speak German, looked at me funny when I said I was looking for a Blackhawk by Rocco. Now I see that Rocco doesn't make a Blackhawk for the Minitanks
Sabot
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 03:49 PM UTC
Ah, I spent my formative years as a young lieutenant stationed at Sullivan Barracks in Mannheim back when it was the home of the 3rd Bde, 8th ID. There was a neat little shop in Weinheim that had a superb Roco selection. Any way, I only remember seeing a Vietnam era AH-1G Cobra and a UH-1(B?) as part of their US helicopter collection.

If you really want a small scale Blackhawk, my local shop sells a few of the Accurate Miniatures 'Hawk series. They are 1/100 scale and there is a USN Sea Hawk, USAF Night Hawk, and US Army Black Hawk. Very nice kits and I have several of each. Revell also boxed these kits separately and the Sea Hawk came in a package with a submarine as part of a "Hunt for Red October" movie tie-in. The kits are fairly cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

As far as I recall (have to dig through my kits) but the only difference between the US Army and USAF versions are the decals. I think the USAF variant uses a refueling probe included in the Army variant but not used on it.
REMF11M
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 04:32 PM UTC
The Accurate Miniatures sound interesting. But I'll look for the shop in Weinheim, I'm stationed in Heidelburg.

The thing is I want to do a TOC diorama. I have the vehicles and the tents. I building an OE254 from scartch (APITA) . Thought that a Blackhawk would be a nice touch.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 06:21 PM UTC
try this site for your kits, www.GREATMODELS.COM. I'm station in Japan and use them for certain items. like testors paints and airbush parts. they actually have no poblem shipping hazmat, a definite plus in my books. check them out, i usually get my stuff in about 2 to 3 weeks.... good luck stug
REMF11M
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 06:42 PM UTC
Thanks great site.
Sabot
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 01:09 AM UTC
I hope the shop is still there. I left in Dec 1990 and visited the shop frequently up until my DEROS. IIRC, when you enter downtown Weinheim from the Mannheim direction, You go up a hill and then down the hill and there was a large department store at the intersection where the walk only street (red brick?) was. Go down that street and the shop was on the left. I lived in Weinheim for a year until the BOQs reopened in BFV. It is a nice little town.

Other that the Roco miniatures, the thing I remember most about the shop was all the Tamiya German armor kits were opened and the illegal markings on the instructions and decal sheets were marked out.

Let me know if you find it and if it's still there. That was the first "real" hobby shop that I ever lived close to. They were a nice bunch of folks there, although their English was about as good as my Gateway German.
 _GOTOTOP