TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Rat Patrol
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 03:42 AM UTC
I don't know if this has already been discussed or not. I was out shopping today and saw that the first season of "Rat Patrol" is out on DVD now. I'm showing my age but I always enjoyed watching that show and seeing the jeeps come flying over the sand dunes. I didn't buy it today but I might have to go back and pick it up. Maybe I will pick up the first couple of seasons of "Combat" as well. Just an FYI post.

HARV
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 03:55 AM UTC
Just out of curosity Harv how much was it? The Combat TV series is a bit pricey, to me, so I check them out from the library when I want my Combat fix.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 04:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know if this has already been discussed or not. I was out shopping today and saw that the first season of "Rat Patrol" is out on DVD now. I'm showing my age but I always enjoyed watching that show and seeing the jeeps come flying over the sand dunes. I didn't buy it today but I might have to go back and pick it up. Maybe I will pick up the first couple of seasons of "Combat" as well. Just an FYI post.

HARV

My God, I was raised on this show, HARV!
(Showing my age too, mate! )...personally, I think you should hurry back and snatch up the set before someone else does!
Gunny
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2006 - 01:25 AM UTC
I had another errand to run today so I stopped in and checked out the price of them. Wal-Mart is where I saw them and the first season costs $29.86. With our 6% sales tax the total is $31.65. I still didn't buy them but I may keep them on my "can't live without it" list.

We are not getting old Gunny.....we are just aging, like a fine wine!!

HARV
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2006 - 02:29 AM UTC
What a great show that was..!!! Hans Gudegast (later to be known by his more famous 'Hollywood' name - Eric Braden of soap opera fame) as the 'not-so-bad' German officer who had a hidden respect for his adversaries and was always one step behind the Rat Patrol. The scenes of the jeeps flying over the dunes with .50 cals blazing was a formulative period of my youth...what adventure and what courage. Ahhh... the good old days.

Has anybody ever made a dio of this subject?

Bob