_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Found this in Hobby Craft UK
Sandy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 628 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 10:53 PM UTC
Hi All , while looking for some items for my Wallace and Gromit conversion , I found this in the resin section of Hobby Craft store in Nottingham , It is a two part Silicone Moulding paste and comes in two sealed clear plastic drums , each 100 grms . Mix in equal parts it sets in 10 minutes and you can obtain 50 resin casting per mold. Cost is £9-99 . it is made under the trade name of Siligum and is made by Gedeo, service consommatuers , 305, Avenue du pic de Bretagne , 13420 Gemenos , France. Tried it out ant true to it's word it set in 10 minutes . just need a good dry day to test out the resin reproduction . I will let you know how I go on cheers ian
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 12:28 AM UTC
I have never heard of this stuff before. I will be interested in hearing how the parts turn out.
Romeo12
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 79 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 01:08 AM UTC
I found a similer product in my local hobby lobby,don't remember the name and I'm upstair away from my work room,but it sounds identicle to what you are describing.I have used quite a bit when I need to make small resin copies of items.and found it to be a great time saver in that I don't have to dig out my measuring
cups and wait the 30-45 minutes it to set as I do with my silicon mold maker liquids.It can sure be a blessing.I love the stuff,and for 15.00usd the price is sure right.
Bob
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:31 AM UTC
Thanks for info Sandy sounds like just what i have been looking for
 _GOTOTOP