_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Airfix spare parts any feed back
Sandy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 628 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hi All , I had a disaster today , My wallace figure fell into a dish of paint stripper and the hands started to melt. I have contacted Airfix to see if then are willing to send me a spare pair . Has anyone any feed back on how good their service is . cheers ian
Torchy
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hi Sandy
A few years ago I had a split tyre,and a cracked canopy(I cracked it ) on a 1/24 FW 190,I dropped them a short note and got the replacement parts about a week later :-) :-)
Revell on the other hand were crap I bought a Nascar kit from a shop ,and found that the clear parts were missing,after several phone calls I was told that the kit was OOP
HTH
Andy
Sandy
Visit this Community
entire network: 628 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:58 AM UTC
Hi , Many thanks just hope i get as good a service as you did , Will keep you posted cheers ian
Savage
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 01:52 AM UTC
Ian, the person who works with the parts at Airfix, Rita is brilliant, and I’m not the only one who thinks so: see http://airfix.com/cs/forums/11966/ShowPost.aspx.

I received a Halifax B.III as an Xmas present unfortunately it was missing the decals.
Dropped her a short note (didn’t think anyone would reply), and about 10 days later replacements arrived. The service won over a new customer.

PS: Don’t forget, as I did , to include your particulars in the email.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 04:49 AM UTC
I must admit that I'm really chuffed to see Airfix back on the map again. I "grew up" on airfix kits.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 02:04 PM UTC
Doesn't take long for the parts to arrive from France. Airfix's service is way better than Revell's who have the worst quality control that I have come across.
entire network: 4,303 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2006 - 11:56 PM UTC
My replacement part for the 1:32 Airfix Bugatti (the clear parts were missing) took 6 months!!!

But to be true; I got a note from Airfix two weeks after I posted the little 'missing parts coupon" that came with the box. The parts were not available at that moment.
I thought they forget all about me, but after the six months there was a little box in the post with the parts in it!!!!
However, I noticed they had some problems with my adres; I filled it in exactly wit "THE NETHERLANDS" as country. But Airfix decided that I lived in BELGIUM anyway :-) Perhaps that was a part of the delay to, but the bottem line is: I got my parts!

BTW, I have many experiences with Revell (Germany), mostly a fast and friendly service. However, many Revell models are not Revell origin; and if so, when it's OOP it's OOP...

Also, it depends a lot on the firms agents...
 _GOTOTOP