Toledo Show in March?
steve-o
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 07:56 PM UTC
Hello!

I was at the Columbus IPMS annual competition this past Saturday, and heard rumors of a "big" show in Toledo, Oh. sometime in March.

Has anyone heard of this, or know more information?? Is it worth the 2 1/2 hour drive through NW Ohio? Help!

-Steve
MAJORBEEFALO
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 08:31 PM UTC
Steve,

Look at the thread:

Who's going to AMPS????

It talks about a few upcoming events around Ohio.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 08:53 PM UTC
Hi Steve,
Here's a link to the toledo show you asked about...
Toldeo

It's an IPMS regional (Region 4). Unlike the typical 2 day regional, that do it as a one day show. I went to the one they did a couple of years ago. lots of vendors and lots of good models. I'd say that a 2 1/2 houd drive would be worth it. It took us over 4 from Pittsburgh.
I had been planning on going again but probably won't be able to make it now. Two other shows I'm going to makes for 3 weekends in a row. That abusing the privlige

Are you close to Pittsburgh? We're doing the Region 4 show next year as well as our annual show this March. Maybe you could make it out for one or both

How was Columbus? I've gone every year for several now. But the extremely poor lighting at their new venue last year made me stay at home for this one.
Cheers,
Craig
steve-o
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 02:02 AM UTC
Thanks guys!

I will definately get up to Toledo now that I know it's in May. And possibly the Pittsburgh one too, if I can gather some friends and make a weekend out of it.

Craig, I remember some of your stuff at the show in Columbus last year. Really nice job! I'm sorry you didn;t go this year because we would have been in some of the same categories. Well, if you would have gone, I prolly would not have gotten silver in one of the Master figure catrgories - your stuff is a lot better!!

They did try to do some more with the lighting this year...by shining some utility-like spotlights againt the walls near the Master class 1/3 of the room. It did help a little bit.

Hope to see you in toledo, and poss. Pittsburgh too!

- Steve
 _GOTOTOP