TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Over there question.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
entire network: 762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 04:26 AM UTC
Didn't really know where to post this but feel free to meve it...

And now to the question. Have been wondering about one thing in the show, and that is about the equipment and the weapons used by the soldiers. Maybe it's just me that aren't able to keep up but I thought some of the equipment and most of all the weapons where reserved for special forces units? But perhaps this is not the case, so I'm sure that there is someone that can enlighten me on this subject.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 05:34 AM UTC
I don't watch the show, haven't heard too many good things about it and it was cancelled here in the states, but...Which weapons are you talking about? Infantrymen and many other troops are now issued pretty much the same weapons that used to only be seen in SF units; M4s with laser sights, M16A3s with scopes and forward pistol grips, collapsing buttstock SAWs, etc., etc., etc...

Since we are in combat, it is best to give the best weapons to all, not just a select few.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 05:36 AM UTC
I can’t say about the equipment but I believe everyone used an M16 except for the saw gunner.
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 07:22 AM UTC
I have been back from Iraq for about a month and a half . During my time down range I carried a M-4 with a ACOG with forward hand grip and shure fire flash light attached . I had the opitonal lazer PEQ-2 A - never used it though and we were just a regular national guard unit . So the plain jane units get the Geucci stuff as well .
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
entire network: 762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 12:19 PM UTC
Thanks for the info, just proves that I'm wrong as usuall....