TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
2006 - Year of the RTS!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 08:22 PM UTC
Any other Real Time Strategy fans excited by the prospects of this year? Right now, I've got my attention focused on two games in particular:

Command and Conquer - The First Decade. This is a 2 DVD set that includes all the C&C games since the original: C&C, C&C - Covert Operations, Red Alert, RA: Aftermath, RA: Counterstrike, Tiberian Sun, TS: Firestorm, RA2, RA2: Yuri's Revenge, Renegade, Generals, Generals: Zero Hour.

http://www.cncnz.com/

I just installed the original last night and that sure did bring back some memories! The set is well worth the $40.

Next up is Star Wars: Empire At War. Star Wars + Team that made original C&C = really, really cool stuff. The demo's available all over the 'net, and the actual game comes out tomorrow.

http://www.empire-at-war.com/

I'll be getting it on my lunchbreak on Thursday!

Anyone else hear about or have interest in these games?
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 01:01 AM UTC
YM, is that Star Wars game the one you can get on console as well? If it is I hope I can get it on XBOX 360, that would be a neat one to play since theres only so many games to play on the 360.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 01:41 AM UTC
Ahhhh! Command and Conquer! Hours and hours and hours of sheer gut wrenching frustration then the exhilaration of the "Kill" at the end!

Fantastic! :-)

Hmm, Where's me old copy gone......

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gotmodelstobuild
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 04:56 AM UTC
Anyone who's a fan of the Total War series, i.e. Shogun, Medieval, and Rome: Total War, should be excited to know that the TW team is working on Medieval 2:Total War. They're basically going to redo M:TW using the R:TW engine with all new graphics and gameplay. In the new version of the game, you can have a say in electing Popes, and can even play as factions living in the new world or, as a European power, conquer and colonize North and South America. It's still a ways off, but it should be awesome when it arrives.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 06:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

YM, is that Star Wars game the one you can get on console as well? If it is I hope I can get it on XBOX 360, that would be a neat one to play since theres only so many games to play on the 360.

As far as I know, there are no plans to release it on a console... There have been forum posts of 'what if', but in order for it to make it to the 360 - they'd have to release a keyboard and a mouse set, methinks.

The game comes out today, so I'm taking an early lunch and getting it from Best Buy.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 05:02 AM UTC
I downloaded the demo of Empire At War. It certainly looks good and I ran through the tutorials so it seems easy enough too.

But, I won't be buying it as I don't have the right mindset for strategy games. I want to get to the action quickly I just run in and fight with a few units, get royally clobbered, and then lose interest!

Steve