_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Guess I should say "Hello"
BoogalooJ
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 230 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 07:03 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been signed up since July of last year, but have never posted until now.
I am another Canuck, posting from Ottawa Canada. I am a proud poppa of a little girl, with a second bundle on the way. I am interested in armour modelling, and have collected a few kits, but completed none, partially due to being a new parent, but mostly due to procrastination and being afraid of screwing up a "good kit".

Not sure what else to say. Looking forward to participating in these forums instead of just lurking around, but my work may not appreciate it. :-)

Thanks,
Jamie
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 08:59 AM UTC
Hi Jamie,

Glad to have you aboard on this geat site. Its a awesome place and the people are outstanding.

Quoted Text

I am interested in armour modelling, and have collected a few kits, but completed none, partially due to being a new parent, but mostly due to procrastination and being afraid of screwing up a "good kit".

I can see where you are coming from there. My wife and I just had our first (boy) on Sunday at about 2:12 pm. I think I am still on a high about it. He is having a few minor issues so hopefully he will be home this weekend. I know my modeling is going to take a huge hit with him on the scene. Ah well!

As for being scared of screwing up. I was the same way. I now just jump in with both feet and go with it. Its just a kit and they are way more fun to build then gather dust on the shelf. Anytime I get stuck on something I just come on here and its been a great help. You will only learn from your mistakes.

Look forward to seeing your builds one day and good luck on the next bundle of joy!

Jeff

Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 11:43 AM UTC
Hello Jamie

Welcome aboard.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 04:16 PM UTC
Welcome Jamie! I know you'll have fun here and learn a ton.As Jeff says,just basically jump in and do the kit.The more you do,the better you get.
Congrats mucho to both you and Jeff on your neww 1:1 figure additions to family diorama scene. :-) :-)
cheers!
(++) #151
BoogalooJ
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 230 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 07:16 PM UTC
Hey, thanks for the greetings.
From what I have seen of the different sites on the web, this seems to be one of the best. Looking forward to being a part of it.

Jeff,
Congratulations on the birth of your son! It's definitely a change to your lifestyle, but now that I have experienced it, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Enjoy him because they grow up way too fast (mine is only 14 months and already I am saying that).
PS - For the first month or so, get your sleep whenever you can.

Jamie
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hi Jamie

A warm welcome to Armorama from the land down under aka New Zealand.

Regards

Sean
 _GOTOTOP