_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
need airbrush advice
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 09:34 AM UTC
While cleaning my Badger Crescendo I noticed that the the AB tip was stuck so out of stupidity I pushed the tip using a flat metallic thing. After releasing the tip I noticed that it created a notch. Although it still sprays, I'm just concerned if it would have a big effect on the overall paint effect? Do you think I need to replace the tip or will it still be ok to use it?

Thank you in advance
Braystaff
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 154 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 11:40 PM UTC
I've had the same on my Revell twice. (The instructions say that if the tip is stuck in the nozzle, press it on a hard flat surface. My advice to anyone is that if your nozzle and tip are stuck, never ever try and push it out. Just let is soak in cleaner and wiggle it out with your fingers).

I found that damage like that will causes the paint to spay at an angle from the tip. I guess the dent causes a shift in pressure down one side and it pulls the air flow towards it.

See if your airflow is inline with the tip and nozzle. Whether you can live with the diverted airflow depends on how bad it is. It may also cause a bit of splatter as the airflow maybe disrupted.

Best advice is just to try it on different PSI settings plus paint and thinner ratios and see if there are any problems with the spay paten.

A damaged tip is not likely to cause any damage to your AB, just make sure that the notch on the nozzle is not bent inwards and dragging on your needle, if that makes sense
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 01:10 PM UTC
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'm a bit fortunate because I tried spraying 3mm lines and it looks OK...very very minimum splatter. I guess, I'll just stick with it...I just use it for base color painting...for camo I usually use the fine tip/needle. Again, thank you very much for the advice

BTW, anybody with a spare (unused or will never be used) medium tip for their crescendo may send it to me

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP