_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
How do they judge competitions here
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 12:53 PM UTC
How do they judge modelling competitions here in Malaysia?
Do they :
1)Flip the model over to see whether the undersides of your AFV is completely painted?

2) Physically handle the models to see whether all the details are there?

3) Would a Out of The Box model lose out to a another but with a few but simple scratch built items, eg, hand rails, grab handles

4) Do i need to anchor my model down to the base(Currently i never do that)?

5) What happen if i HEAVILY weather my model until alot of the details are ..er..hidden behind mud and claim that the model is in its element..hahahahaa.....

Is there a competition soon ar? How am i gonna to enter ? Can only submit models with simple colour schemes as my double action airbrush is but a paper weight now.

I usually go to the competition after all the judging is done (and tak menang pulak tu!)

sllim
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 01:16 PM UTC
Lim, please PM me your e-mail address for the on-going competitions. I will forward you the details and keep you updated from monthly.

As far I am concerned, the local competitions based their judging criteria on IPMS regulations. Usually there are two categories: OOTB and Superdetailed.

To everyone's surprise, judges will use a mirror to check AFV undersides. If you have mud on the sides, make sure you get something on the undersides.

As far I know, most judges will not handle AFV subjects as most AFV modellers these days use pastels. Hence, it is not necessary to anchor your AFV on the base. However, we do recommend submiting your entry in a glass case. We sure don't want any of the PE's to drop-out and go missing.

Since I am still learning form the local judges, I can't really comment on heavily weathered AFV. As far I am concerned, heavily weathered under hull is usually acceptable but not the upper hull. The side fenders and skirt should protect the upper hull from the natural element except from rain and rust.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 01:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How do they judge modelling competitions here in Malaysia?
Do they :
1)Flip the model over to see whether the undersides of your AFV is completely painted?

2) Physically handle the models to see whether all the details are there?

3) Would a Out of The Box model lose out to a another but with a few but simple scratch built items, eg, hand rails, grab handles

4) Do i need to anchor my model down to the base(Currently i never do that)?

5) What happen if i HEAVILY weather my model until alot of the details are ..er..hidden behind mud and claim that the model is in its element..hahahahaa.....

Is there a competition soon ar? How am i gonna to enter ? Can only submit models with simple colour schemes as my double action airbrush is but a paper weight now.

I usually go to the competition after all the judging is done (and tak menang pulak tu!)

sllim

lim,

personally i dont know la how they judge...i never been to actual contest....and never seen any judging in progress

but some of the winng models that i saw wasnt supposed to win, compare to other contestant...that's why i'm avoid any contest so far...
better build for fun!
 _GOTOTOP