_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
In The Wire
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 101 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 07:05 AM UTC
my latest vignette... what da ya think?

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

my latest vignette... what da ya think?

Hi there
what i think??
they're look good...

but maybe a few notes ...the guy in the red head band was glossy sikit...and maybe more weathering on the pants will add realism to this vignette

and one important thing, it's nice if you can write a little story of this vignette...

good job masterqq
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 08:26 AM UTC
Masterqq, I was just wondering whether the barb wire poles should have sharp-ends on them. I would expect flat ends as there were hammered down to the ground. However, I like the ladder though with rungs nicely tied.

Sandbags looks good with the sewing seams on them. The groundwork just around the sandbags need more sand texture. Like Sil mentioned, we need a little story here. Otherwise, another good built Marterqq.
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 08:27 AM UTC
Ok Boss ,

Actually, I screw up the matt coat, the figure turn white on me after the matt coat, I have to gloss it up again to remove the white stain.. I will try to tone down the gloss again later...

and here the story..

This is a snap shot of the NVA charging the SF camp, something like the movie siege of the firebase Gloria, A wave of the NVA storming toward the trenches…

The lone Green Beret is about to be overrun… his M15 CAR all out of ammo, he is down to the last clip on the side arm.. he is fighting for his life…
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 08:53 AM UTC
Congratulations Thomas, I see you've managed to overcome your modelling slump. Nice action vignette with good positioning of figures. Excellent work on the sandbags.

Apart from what is mentioned, just some minor suggestions if I may. Not necessary but it would be nice to have 1 or 2 more strands of barb wire even though the sappers seem to have cut some of them. Secondly the trench is a bit shallow offering knee height protection only. Easily overcome if you add another layer of your very well made sandbags.

The next few points are just some suggestions to enhance your dio or your next dio.
1. You can add some contrast to your groundwork by adding different colored soil or give them a dark wash. Makes the ground more interesting.

2. Your story states that the CAR 15 ran out of ammo so there should be a lot of spent casings and a few empty magazines on the ground. Adding these will increase the dramatic effect. Shells senang saje, cut some stretched sprue and paint it brass color.

3. This is very minor but your SF man has his back foot just outside the dio. Not critical but having it in makes the dio look more contained. Has happened to me a few times especially if I not pre-position or test their positions before gluing everything.

4. Dirtying the knees of your NVA sappers with some brown pigments will help confirm that they've been crawling to get close to the base.

All in all a very effective and dynamic vignette that can be enhanced further with small improvements.
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 10:40 AM UTC
Thank Guys, will take all the suggestion into consideration for improvement…

Actually the sandbag is the tamiya one lah
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 07:10 AM UTC
Guys,

I added a couple layers more of the sand bag, how does the hight look now?

Nevermind about the gloss, this photo was eaken while the oil wash is still wet..'

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 07:56 AM UTC
Good idea to buildup the depth of the foxhole with additional sandbags, Thomas. Much more realistic feel to the overall look. Just one very minor nitpick though but its not critical if you have already stuck on all the sandbags. Noticed that one the inclined sandbags at the front facing the sappers next to the box seems to appear a bit stiff due to the gap created by how it leans against the wooden crate (last pic).

If its stuck on the minor problem can be easily remedied by just filling the bottom part of the gap where the bag sits on the ground with soil. This will make the bag appear to lean against a slope.
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 11:01 AM UTC
CK... thanks... will find a way to do that...the thing is the tamiya sand bag is very stiff.. may be I will do one with miliput...
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 07:32 AM UTC
OK... this is the latest update, let me know what U think..

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 10:05 AM UTC
thomas,

the last photos are the best so far...now we all can see clear what's happening including the condo at the background..hehe

i like your figure compostion...one can straight away tell how busy this vignette was.... the wooden crates look like wood.. hehe

but i think the sandbags doesnt look reals..maybe because it's to stiff...and look more like our pillow or cement bags...
sorry for the comments...hope it doesnt hurt..hehe

nice work overall...
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 10:49 AM UTC
haa,, haa boss , thanks for the tunjuk ajar.. itu sand bag memang teruk, Tamiya punya, stiff ... Next time I will learn how to make my own with miliput..

and more photos..

_GOTOTOP