TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Anybod seen Zone Troopers?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:00 AM UTC
I caught bits and pieces of this one the other day on satelite. It's really pretty bad, but so bad it's good. A group of American GI's in Italy get help fighting the Nazis by aliens out of a UFO.

One thing I couldn't figure out. The uniforms and weapons weren't too badly done. The GI uniforms were pretty accurate, as were their weapons, with one exception. One guy, a corporal, carried a gun that at first I thought was a Thompson. Then when it fired from long distance the sound was more like a BAR. When I finally saw it up close it looked like a modern SMG. The barrel was like a .30 machine gun, very heavy and perforated for cooling. It had a verticle magazine, and a small carrying handle on top. The rest of the gun looked a bit like a M-16. I really can't understand why the prop people used such a strange weapon when the other guys carried Garands and Thompsons and such.

oldstl1000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 83 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 02:17 AM UTC
I have seen it listed on the movie channels. Never watched. I will watch it next time and converse. I love B movies.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 05:50 AM UTC
Me too - I've never seen it but will keep my eyes open for it the next time it's aired.

I love B-Movies too. Before I got married (over 10 years ago) several friends and me would get together on Saturday nights usually for B-Movie Night. Everyone had turns to bring the worst stinkers they could find - and we'd watch them until early Sunday morning - getting blitzed while doing so.

No amount of liquor could help some of them though...

Gunnie
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 06:08 AM UTC
I'm not quite sure how to categorize this one. Either a B movie trying hard to be an A, or a really well made C movie.

VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 08:49 AM UTC
LMAO!
I swear, I thought I was the only person who had actually watched this one.
I was home with the flu last week and it was on satelite so I watched it. I actually felt worse after watching it.
Anyone who manages to catch it while it's on watch for these mistakes.
1. At one point, the reporter guy is firing a .45 colt. After about the 25th shot (from a 7 round mag) the slide locks back........and he keeps firing.
2. In some scenes the Americans are wearing black combat boots while minutes later they are wearing brown hiking boots.
3. ah heck.......just watch the movie and you'll pick out plenty more.

Hermon