_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
T-34/76 Done!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 03:41 PM UTC
click here
Yayo01
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 84 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC
wow thats ermm almost nice...nice build/UGLY PAINT/BAD Weathering :_) IMO if you want to give away that model.....PM me :P:P
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 08:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

wow thats ermm almost nice....nice paint..but teh weathering is BAD IMO if you need to throw teh model.........throw it to me

Hmm.... I guess some people prefer clean models :-) Sige, testbed pa lang naman to. I guess a cleaner model is much better.
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 06:09 PM UTC
Well Yayo01, I beg to disagree. To each his own I believe but look at reference pictures of Russain tanks during WW2. That's how they look like, VERY dirty. Consider the fact that this tank fought in Russia (Russia=snow+soil=MUD) and that the winter whitewash was made from lime I think w/c is easily worn even by water and that it also corrodes the underlying paint and metal (which also means a lot of rust and grime). Shonen did a pretty good job at it though. This is a distinct improvement Shonen! However I would like to point out that the brush strokes are showing.
Yayo01
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 84 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 07:27 PM UTC
from far away the tank look silver-ish IMO, the brush stroke is very visible, and if the rust in the tank is the effect water IMO the paint is somewhat wrong because they dont drip down towards the ground

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 08:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Shonen did a pretty good job at it though. This is a distinct improvement Shonen! However I would like to point out that the brush strokes are showing.

Wow! Words from the master tank modeler *bows down. Sige, will try not to show much of the brushstrokes on my upcomming KV series
 _GOTOTOP