_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Badger agent in Singapore?
ricohdvdr6
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 198 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 10:05 AM UTC
I need extra tips for my Badger 150 airbrush... are there any local agents? I've tried art friend but they carry very limited parts.
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 162 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 02:08 PM UTC
ok... this is a touchy subject... the store with the most spare parts is along north bridge road...opposite bras basah complex. It's an arts supply store named Sing Commercial or something like that. The owner is this grumpy old guy. He will only sell parts to people who bought their badger airbrush off him and he expects your receipt as proof. if you didn't buy it from him then be prepared to endure a lecture from him and maybe he might sell you the part.

it would be fine if he's the only guy selling badgers but there are so many stores who sell them. his monopoly is on the spare parts. if you can get it from any other shop (I would give art friend a shot) do it. I changed airbrushes from badger to gunze because of this problem. I needed spares and got rejected by him. as far as i am concerned, he had already lost his airbrush income from me anyway and why not make some money from me buy selling me a spare part? in the long run, he has lost potential income from me because I have now changed airbrush.

if you can't find any, or can't stand the old guy, contact me again and i'll give you my old badger. everything is still working. this way i make him lose yet another potential customer.

i'm not normally not so mean, but i just can't stand small minded people
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 02:16 PM UTC
I use Hobbymate... got it at M Workshop... works fine. Maybe you can try going to the shop where you got your badger from.

Wow... that grumpy old man is really a pain in the a**e. Such an attitude. Stay away!
ricohdvdr6
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 03:16 PM UTC
Wah. Last time I had to order from overseas. The Xtra-fine tip was already S$35, and I had to pay S$20 to have it mailed to Singapore! At the rate I keep dropping tips, I really need a cheaper source.
gilcrest
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 14 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 07:09 AM UTC
Mine's the 1 Gen Tamiya set, I am surprise that it lasted that long without much problem. Just added to my collection an extra fine brush from Tamiya. At least I am satisfied that it was an investment well spent overall.

As for the grumpy old man, just let him live out his existance. He won;t last long doing business this way. What I am surprise is why no one ever wrote to Badger to comment on the manner their product support is handled over in Singapore.
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 12:10 PM UTC
Hi Sausage,

How much is your Badger 150? and from where? Would like to get one as well.
Try calling this number: 67345803, Hobby Focus @ Far East, th boss sells Badger's stuff and the last I asked, he claimed to be carrying spare parts as well.

Cheers!
ricohdvdr6
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 02:34 PM UTC
I just found out that Hobby Focus at far east carries a wide variety of badger parts too. Prices are not cheap but not expensive either.. they're about on par with US retail prices, minus the mailing cost. Just got a new head from them today.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 06:35 PM UTC
May I ask, how much does a Badger 150 airbrush cost? How would you rate this airbrush? Out of 10?
ricohdvdr6
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 05:42 AM UTC
It's good.. can't compare it since I don't have other airbrushes.
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 06:53 AM UTC
Hi,

I called Hobby Focus,

Badger 100LG: S$185
Badger 15X : ~S$175

Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP