Hosted by Matt Leese
Aztek fine line thickness?
newstarter
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:18 AM UTC
I have read many posts on Armorama regarding the Aztek 4709, all of them favourable. But i am still undecided which airbrush to buy, either the 4709 or the iwata ecllipse. Can anyone tell me how fine a line you can achieve with the Aztek? How usefull is it to be able to airbrush a 0.3mm thickness line, as i've heard you can get with the iwata?

Thanks
lee
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:29 AM UTC
Here's the specs. on the Aztek A470.

http://www.testors.com/Product.asp?product%5fid=A4709

And here's the specs. on the fine line nozzle.

http://www.testors.com/Product.asp?product%5fid=9304C

HTH
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 04:31 AM UTC
I really can't speak on the Iwata. I've never used one. I do have the Aztek 4709, and while I am very happy overall with it, the one thing I wish it would do is have a finer line tip. The tan .3mm tip just doesn't get that "fine", if you know what I mean. It would be very useful for several camo schemes, on both armor and aircraft, if it were "finer". Maybe I am doing something incorrectly (I've only been airbrushing less than a year), but so far, that is the only thing about the Aztek I am not completely happy with.

Mike

newstarter
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 26 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 08:46 AM UTC
Thanks for the info, From what i have been reading it seems like the Aztek is easier to use/ clean while the iwata gives a slightly better result. Hmmm now which one to buy?
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 05:37 AM UTC
I've had the Aztek for about 4 or 5 years now and to be honest I don't care for it. That is why I recently replaced mine. I like to have greater control and with the Aztek I never felt like I was totally in control of air pressure and paint flow. The controls always seemed a bit too loose to me. Also, I used the fine tip to attempt to get a fine line and was very disappointed. That was the first time that I had attempted to get truly fine lines and it ended up being the straw that broke the camel's back for me and prompted me to get a new one.
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 09:40 AM UTC
Adam, if I can ask, what did you replace the Aztek with, and are you happier with the "fine" line results your are getting?

I have to admit, I'd be very unhappy about giving up the Aztek, as it is so easy to use and clean. But, I am thinking maybe I have to augment my airbrushing tools, because getting a very "fine" line is very important to me on some of my projects. But, I'm just not sure which way to go. Any input would be appreciated.

Mike

Bender
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 323 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:04 AM UTC
first off, Im an airbrush rookie, had mine less than 3 months so every thing is new for me, I own an Aztek too and love how easy it is to clean and use, but I also would like to be able to get as fine of a line as possible, can this be changed by varying the amount of air pressure thru the brush, via the regulator?

Bender
 _GOTOTOP