_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Mini Review on a Hornet head set
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 01:23 PM UTC
Hi everyone or should I say anyone coz at the time of this post I'm sure everyone's on holiday.

Anyway I couldn't wait to share this with everyone. I'm sure all of you would have worked on Hornet heads one time or another. Well this is my first time and I have to say WOW.

I got the 5 heads called, "Gaunt, battleweary european heads". I was suprised after what I got for Verlinden that these were practically flash free and no pin marks to fill. For size they compare well with DML figs unlike Verlinden. Best of all the expressions were great and I didn't realize how good until using my still learning painting skills on them.

At about RM 10 give or take per head they are worth every cent, at least for figure modellers like myself.

Here they are. I should have waited after I finished them but I got impatient to describe their expression. As such I haven't painted the eyes or lips yet and of course they have no HAIR or not yet anyway.

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:37 AM UTC
I must say Hornet head are wonderfull. It does allow one to express the facial features with a few brush stokes.
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 06:51 AM UTC
hahahahaha, i think they were all caught for playing Mah Jong ....kakkakakaaa

sllim
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 07:22 AM UTC
A bald experience ....
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi everyone or should I say anyone coz at the time of this post I'm sure everyone's on holiday.

Anyway I couldn't wait to share this with everyone. I'm sure all of you would have worked on Hornet heads one time or another. Well this is my first time and I have to say WOW.

I got the 5 heads called, "Gaunt, battleweary european heads". I was suprised after what I got for Verlinden that these were practically flash free and no pin marks to fill. For size they compare well with DML figs unlike Verlinden. Best of all the expressions were great and I didn't realize how good until using my still learning painting skills on them.

At about RM 10 give or take per head they are worth every cent, at least for figure modellers like myself.

Here they are. I should have waited after I finished them but I got impatient to describe their expression. As such I haven't painted the eyes or lips yet and of course they have no HAIR or not yet anyway.

Nice review CK....
where did u get the heads??

look outstanding even though they will forever wait for the hair to grow,,,,

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 08:32 AM UTC
I knew I should have waited to put some hair, eyes and lips color on them before I posted this. Otherwise these poor heads now have to suffer Botak jokes. :-)

Boss I ordered these Hornet heads from Hobbyeasy.

You guys may laugh now but I'm keeping one of them botak for a special project. BTW if any body can spare some time I finished my Ramcke Brigade dio and posted in the Diorama forum under "Another Day In Sunny Libya-Ramcke Brigade". Thanks from me and the Botak 5.
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 12:01 PM UTC
I had never used any Hornet heads b4 but i do have heads from Legend.

The heads from Legend is quite ok as well but the neck seems to be on thin side. Maybe i will paint a few of them and display them here.

Btw, i usually paint my figure faces with a more pinkish /pale tone n reddish cheeks.

sllim
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 06:14 AM UTC
Finally someone who isn't making fun of my poor poor Botaks.

Lim I saw a set of Legend heads at HHQ. According to HHQ Legend is cheap but a bit variable on quality. It'll will be nice to see yours posted up. As for the color of my Botaks I've gone for the more tan look this time.

I find this color okay although it looks more brownish in the photo. I use to have my faces with the more pinkish tone but I find it doesn't give as much contrast as the tan tone. Maybe its just my skills haven't reach the level as yet or that these Hornet figures are really easy to paint.
 _GOTOTOP