Shows and events in North America.
TEXAS BOYS! ModelFiesta XXV - San Antonio
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 12:18 AM UTC
Ok guys and gals of Texas! Feb 18th is Model Fiesta down here in my neck of the woods. Who's all coming?

I already told AirborneMatt that we could possibly hook up for lunch.

Here is all the info on the show. There is even registration form to fill out if your gonna enter anything.

ModelFiesta XXV
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
entire network: 1,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 12:54 AM UTC
Note to my self:

2006-02-17 Board KLM flight. Departure:Oslo, Gardermoen , 10:40 Hours

Adjust watch, have a drink, get jet lag

2006-02-17 Arrival: San Antonio, San Antonio International , 21:14 Hours. Get strip searched in customs. Find place to live. Sleep under a bridge.

2006-02-18: Go to modelshow with huge jet lag, Display a crappy model which has been destroyed in customs, get trashed by judges, spend the evening getting drunk with Pete.

2006-02-19: Wake up with ENORMOUS hang over, try to repair with warm beer, Departure: San Antonio, San Antonio International 15:20 Hours

Adjust watch again, pass out

2006-02-20 Arrival: Oslo, Gardermoen 15:25 Hours. Getting strip searched in customs again. Go home.

Total price: 903$

Even though this sounds like a pretty good plan I think I have to pass. Sorry Pete :-)

Cheers
Erik
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 01:21 AM UTC
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

And I could of taken you to my local night hang out. I have a couple of bartenders that give me the hook up. 5 clubs in one, you would've had a blast, not to mention meet some good looking hispanic women!!!!!
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
entire network: 1,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

not to mention meet some good looking hispanic women!!!!!

This actually sounds like it is worth the two strip searches...

Erik
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 08:51 PM UTC
Is Erik the only one that wants to go?

Is there any other military memeber other than Matt)airbornematt) coming down to this?

peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 11:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

And I could of taken you to my local night hang out. I have a couple of bartenders that give me the hook up. 5 clubs in one, you would've had a blast, not to mention meet some good looking hispanic women!!!!!

Sounds like Polly Esthers on the Riverwalk. I'll have to check with SWMBO and see if we can make the trek from Midland.
StuckFingers
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 68 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 09:57 AM UTC
Went today and was really impressed. Huge selection of kits from practically everywhere. Kings from Austin had a table right up front. I bought some Mr. Surfacer for about $4.50, and a micro chisel. A guy a few tables away was selling everything at "make offer" prices. I got a whole pile of Vallejo acrylics for $1.50 each. The Tuskeegee Airmen and various confirmed aces were on hand to sign autographs. Very nice show overall and the models on display were quite nice. I cant wait to see who wins best of show. There was a 1/700 Lexington that was just astounding. As for aircraft, I saw a 1/25(?) A-10 that looked like you could start it up and fly it. Fantastic work.
 _GOTOTOP