Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Book I just read
EMT5911
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 61 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 11:43 PM UTC
Hello everyone. Hope all is well. I just finished a book by Michael Slade called "Swastika" about a serial killer in Canada. Although I am not really into these thriller books it was on sale and I needed something new for work during down time let me tell you the actual story is really well thought out and seems to be well researched. The book takes you from the present to the last days of the third reich usually alternating b/w chapters. It focuses on the development of some pretty peculiar Nazi wonder weapons and the evil minds they spawned from. I don't want to give a lot of it away so I won't, but if anyone is interested it's a pretty good read. And if any of the things that are said are facts you'll be sitting there saying no @#$%^& way. Highly recommended.

Happy reading,

Z.

Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:33 PM UTC
The last Michael Slade book I read was the one with the sasquatch in it, and I thought they couldn't get any wierder..... Obviously I was wrong.
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 08:07 PM UTC
now all ya have to do is go back and read all the slade novels. they are written by he and his daughter, well researched for the accurate sections, and all around a good read....................

reb in texas

p.s.
i am a paramedic and i read lots on downtimes also.....
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 05:13 PM UTC
By a process of elimination, the last one I read was Cut throat. Slade's first (Headhunter) is amazingly similar to Dean R Koontz's Whispers.