_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Not exactly new, but...
bgazso
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 150 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 10:12 PM UTC
Greetings,

My name is Barry Gazso, former resident of Michigan, now living in Wisconsin. Several years ago Jim contacted me about a little diorama I made and I tried to answer folk's questions. So, I've been here before, if only briefly.

I build dioramas exclusively. My area of interest is the Allied forces of WW2.

After having been shut down, modeling wise, for almost a year to get moved across the big lake, I'm finally back at the workbench. During my forced abstinence I purged all those medals, plaques and things that were stashed away andhad accumulated over the years. It made me realize they didn't mean anything to me. So, I guess you could say I've retired from "competition", and am building for myself once again.

In that vein, I may share my pieces with the web modeling community if I can figure out how - hey, I'm over fifty - and may occasionally go to a show if I can do "display only". Modeling is fun again!

Regards,
Barry
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 746 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:01 PM UTC
Welcome to the big A Barry

Glad to hear you got the bug back :-)

Redleg
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 629 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:32 PM UTC
Greetings fellow Wisconsinite! Good to see you back on the site. Where abouts in Wisconsin did you settle? I, personally, am set in SE Milwaukee County. If you are interested in showing up for a show or two, there are a number coming up. You can find all the details in the recent Wisconsin post in the USA Community forum here. Once again, welcome!
Kyle
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:34 PM UTC
Hi Barry

A warm welcome back to the hobby.

I can see your enthusiasm has been renewed by your break from modelling.

If you need any help posting pictures of your work just post a question on the site and someone will willing assist you. Personally I would love to see your dio work.

Regards

Sean
bgazso
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hi there Kyle,

I live in Janesville and work in Madison. I'm going to be helping out the guys putting on the Panzerfest in February in Madison, so if you get a chance, come on over. Mike Rechlicz posted about the show, so if you need details....

Barry
bgazso
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:14 AM UTC
G'day Sean,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely need some assistance posting photos. I have some pics of a piece on my computer here at the office I could do, so I'll see if I'm trainable, eh?

Regards,

Barry
 _GOTOTOP