_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
strange question about the turret and floor..
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 03:37 AM UTC
As most of you know from my postings, that I am scratchbuilding a complete interior of a Panzer IV J in 1/72nd scale. So far I have the entire turret interior is finish including the turret floor and support tubes. My question to you guys is this, I would like to know some of your comments or opinons on how to level the turret onto the turret floor? What I mean by this is, I have built the turret floor and it's support tubes separate from the actual turret and I now need to put them together. The problem I am having is that I can't seem to get both the turret and it's floor level enough so that I can cement them together so that it looks good and not tilted. I hope you guys understand my dellema. Is there a way to solve this? Is there an actual bubble level for models? Please Help!!??
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 10:38 PM UTC
About the only thing to do is to either shave off, a bit at a time, rod from the floor supports, or put putty on the ends of the rods, set the floor and turret in a jig to allign them, and then clean up the putty after it drys and hardens. (:-)
 _GOTOTOP