Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
what are your views on fantasy and real time
alpha123
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC
hi
iwould like your views on what venue of models to start on because iam between two hills in my mind and i am not sure on what to start on because i have had some experience in modeling and my dad being well known on the website for his models (chris edwards tango20 please take a look at his work) and i was wondering if you could give me some advice on this subject and i look forward to hearing your comments
thanks alpha123 (lewis edwards)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 09:25 PM UTC
I find I'm most successful and enjoy my modeling time most when i'm working on something of interest to me. For example, I've done a few 1/48 scale aircraft in the last few years for museum exhibits. This is not a scale the interests me but the club had a commitment. On the other hand, I had a greet time painting my mountain men, gladiator and Viking collections since these were completely for me.

I guess it does come down to being "all about me" doesn't it? Choose a subject you really like and build it.

Hope that makes some sense and helps a little bit.
alpha123
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 09:30 PM UTC
thanks that does help alot and speak later
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 12:24 AM UTC

Hi lewis
Glad to see you are getting into the posting and thank you for the very kind comments i will send you the money later...lol lol .
As i have always said to you experiment and do what you enjoy its about having fun and creating something ,Al made some very good points and i think you ought to go for something not to difficut but something you will enjoy.
For future reference you can put a post like you made in General Modling in the forums or if you are intending to do a dio with figures and vehicles in the Dio section and if you are wanting to do saya figure put it in figures.
So have a think about which direction you are going to start it could be planes whatever,and go to the forum which best suits the subject question.
Speak to you soon
Tango 20 DAD
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 12:25 AM UTC

Hi lewis
Glad to see you are getting into the posting and thank you for the very kind comments i will send you the money later...lol lol .
As i have always said to you experiment and do what you enjoy its about having fun and creating something ,Al made some very good points and i think you ought to go for something not to difficut but something you will enjoy.
For future reference you can put a post like you made in General Modling in the forums or if you are intending to do a dio with figures and vehicles in the Dio section and if you are wanting to do saya figure put it in figures.
So have a think about which direction you are going to start it could be planes whatever,and go to the forum which best suits the subject question.
Speak to you soon
Tango 20 DAD
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 06:29 AM UTC
Lewis, I agree with Al and your dad. Go with what excites you, it’s a hobby and it’s meant to be fun, Enjoy It!

When suffering from ‘modelling blues’, I find walking through a well-stocked Model store and just looking at all the kits on offer helps. One always catches your interest and you will keep coming back to it, I find that’s the one to go with.

Oh and do remember to enjoy the hobby, regardless of what you build!
alpha123
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC
thanks man that does help and i have sent the details to my dad also i want some advice on camo if ya got some time