Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Dirt Rotten B------'s
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 09:54 PM UTC

Had bad news from my friend .."Casspir"----Roger Inwood---------

He was attending the IPMS Nationals in N Z ...putting on demo'sof his work and "Master class "..and some "RAT-FINK" stole his box with a lot of his "Master" patterns ----It's a B@@@@@ crime that some -one should have the gall to do such a thing----He should "swing" for it..
It is such a blow that he is seriously thinking of---- "kicking it into touch" ---have spoken to him and he is desolate -his wheels that he sent me were exellent and the other nice bits were great----Mr Roo (Cliff) and others can vouch for his marvelous work
I request all " Armouramanites" to look out for any -thing going out cheap --or being offered---- and if any manufacturers read this be aware that a lot of stuff has been stolen.....(need Roger to give out a list--on here)
If you can drop him a line it may buck him up--and keep an eye out for anything untoward ..PLEASE!!!!!!!
aye
BARV
(vsg--VERY SAD GEASER)

PS ------- i WILL OFFER A REWARD TO THE PERSON WHO HELPS GET ROGER'S BITS BACK------SAC
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,299 Posts
KitMaker Network: 347 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 09:58 PM UTC
Damn thiefs. When will people ever learn not to touch things that arent theirs? Some finks broke into my car and stole my stereo and speakers 3 years ago..Im still bitter. Better still, the cops did nothing about it.

too many people out there that are void of morals

Roger: i wish for the sasfe return of your stuff. Hopefully these people are found and exposed. Good luck.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 10:14 PM UTC
Seems to me there are two possibilities;

1. Thief knew what he/she was stealing hoping to sell copies.

2. Thief has no idea what he/she has, which is almost worse.

Too bad either way.

Shaun
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:08 PM UTC
I've been on the receiving end of this, but I was lucky, my stolen possesions were only consumer goods, and could be replaced. To have one-off items that you created stolen from you, makes it far worse. Let's hope that some might be recovered.

On a side note, just a thought. When you run into a 'bargain' on something like ebay or a website's buy/sell forum, think and ask why it's so cheap. Whenever somebody buys a cheap knock off, he's helping the s**m that stole Roger's stuff..

Henk
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 12:41 AM UTC
All that work...

No wonder your not happy. I'm really sorry to hear about it Roger.
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 813 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 03:26 AM UTC
What sort of stuff should we be on the lookout for?
Sorry to hear about that
Pete
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 05:24 AM UTC
Hi guys

Any idea what was taken ? i.e. what are we lookiing for ? Has he checked out ebay. Not just to look around but to contact them and advise that the items were stolen in case they do show up on the site. Lastly, does he have any idea who did this ? Was there anyone sitting a bit to close to him ? What did the folks who were putting on the show have to say ?

Harry
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 05:31 AM UTC

Have e-m'd Roger to get a list of his molds and stuff ---will post whenit comes ---or he might post himself
Many Thanks for listening
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 06:28 AM UTC
Damn, That really really sucks. i agree with Shaun. The Thief knew what they were ( Something I would not expect of a NZ modeller)
I think the case would be that Thief was oppurtunist and took it because it "looked cool"
I hope Roger finds his stuff soon.
I will make some inquiries at the model club for eveyone to keep their eyes open for it.
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 08:45 AM UTC
Many thanks for the positive comments given.
On the positive side at least I get to start again but with a clean workbench and mind (well the minds Not that clean ).
Have a strange feeling whomever was light fingered was only after the box - it was a mortar ammunition plastic box, ah well.
Have bitten the bullet so to speak and am plunging head-first into a new quick/easy/fun project in the form of a 1/24th scale Renault R2067 Galion fire engine, plus have dragged out the 1/24th scale ZIS-42 thats been tucked away in a corner for sometime collecting dust and cobwebs - I think it might be worth saving .
Thanks again to one and all.
russ
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 57 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:59 AM UTC
Hi Roger, sorry to here the bad news, can't replace what was in the box but can certainly get you another mortar box if you want one, looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting.

Neil
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 12:38 PM UTC
Thanks for the offer Russ.
Still got 5 others..
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 01:05 PM UTC
worse still they got away with the Mack wheel masters Casper was doing for me as well.

But I agree we should hang the bum that did this.

Cheers
Cliff

PS> Roger that funny looking fire engine is gunna look good.
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 02:10 PM UTC

Roger .......hope something comes of this .....all your friends are rooting for you ....
BTW ...I want a "Pugsley " for my friend ---he retires this year ... so get on with it and get Mr Roo's wheels re-made .....cause I need wheels soon (up-grade my IRB)
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
The reward still stands ---"ANY "--- Accurate Armour WHEELED or TRACKED VEHICLE
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 02:38 PM UTC
Hi Roger,
Is it possible for you to list exactly what was in the box? So we not what we are keeping an eye out for
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 02:39 PM UTC
Hi Roger,
Is it possible for you to list exactly what was in the box? So we know what we are keeping an eye out for
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 06:55 AM UTC
Stupid as it sounds, Roger, I believe everything happens for a reason... You may know better than most how this applies to you...
And karma can be a real lady... Especially if it's the name of your rottweiler that has picked up the scent of a thief...
All the best
Cheers
Brad
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:33 AM UTC
Hello one and all.
Once again thanks for all the positive comments and thoughts.
At moment I've been wading my way thru a box of silicon molds I've done, to try and work out just what was lost, or did I have the smarts to mold certain masters.
Unfortunately quite a few bits'n'pieces had'nt been molded ( sorry Cliff ).
As the majority of the masters were in my preferred scale of 1/24th and of some quite unusual vehicles, I doubt the components stolen would be of use to a "conventional" modeller.
As "Honeycut" mentioned - things happen for a reason.
I'm looking at this as a chance to start on some fresh projects, using other build methods and not get bogged down with the nitty gritties of "bugger I've left off some bolts - better rebuild".
Small and strange may be the style for this year.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:39 PM UTC
Howdy Casper,

My sincerist sympathies for your 'bad turn'...and from what it seems, the bugger probably had no idea exactly what he was taking, and was only after the ammo box.......

Based on that assumption I would mostly probably think it was someone younger and who did not have access to getting what he thought was a "cool" box.....a somewhat similar thing happened to me many moons ago when my set of truck keys where stolen off the table at my dojo only because some youngster wanted my old set of dogtags that were attached to the keys....not only was it a shame {because of the memories}, but it also put a real snag in my getting home that day...{no keys }

Here's hoping the one who spirited away the box get's his proper dose of 'deserved' karma

regards,

Tread.
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 08:13 PM UTC
damn shame

reb