_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
BORN AGAIN
Jim
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 05:29 AM UTC
I'm starting fresh in modeling again. (Please forgive me for I have sinned)Its been about 10 years since i've quit. I live in the Kennedale area and I'm looking for quality diorama supplies. Any one got any good idea's on a first project? I've always been interested in the German troops of WW2

Quoted Text

Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time!!

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 05:40 AM UTC
Welcome back to the modeling world. If you like German armor and figures, the Battle of the Bulge is a popular subject among the major maufacturers.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 05:55 AM UTC
Afrika Korps troopers have enjoyed some recent attention from some major and minor players in figure production.1/35 scale that is.
Hey!Welcome to Armorama BTW .There are more 'sinners' than you can shake a sprue at on this site.You're just late is all.......
cheers!
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hi,
Waffen-SS is a specialty of mine. Winter time with its myriad of camo is fun to paint.
See you in the site more.

Chris- retired DSB Pigsfuhrer
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 06:47 PM UTC
Say 10 "Hail Monograms" and as penanace build a dio composed of all resin and photo etch! -Welcome back!
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 10:37 AM UTC
Go to the local bookstore, dig into the war pictorals section, and find a subject that looks compelling and realistic for your level of talent, cash, and space. That is what I do whenever I can't decide what to do "next"...
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:54 AM UTC
I've always thought the struggle on the Eastern Front was very compelling. Especially the endkampf in last days of the Reich. Dragon now produces some very interesting Gen2 figures. The Last Battle- Austria and Eastern Front Tank Hunters are perfect for an Eastern Front diorama. The tank hunters set even includes what appears to be a Hitler Youth with panzerfaust. Dragon also produce a great line of German and Soviet armor....most recently the T-34/85 with bedspring armor.
Just my $.02.
Welcome back to the hobby...beware the dark side! ( I know..that was pretty geeky)
Jeff
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 01:11 AM UTC
Welcome!

Quoted Text

I'm looking for quality diorama supplies.

Here's an excellent resource for dioram supplies. As to a subject, it really has to be something YOU feel passionalte about. make sure you put some time into planning what you're going to do.
Post some ideas as you get them, with drawings, if possible, and you'll get great feedback here.
 _GOTOTOP