TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Sci-Fi Mini-Series....TAKEN
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 03:50 AM UTC
Hi Folks. I know that this does not have any association with model building. Though I do know that heir are folks here that ARE intersted in Sci-Fi in general.. SO I was wondering if anyone else here has been watching the min-series...TAKEN that has been on all this week ?? Besides me..That is !!

DAGGER-1
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 04:43 AM UTC
I've been watching it and have liked it so far.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 04:53 AM UTC
(:-) Yeah, Did you see it last night??. Old Man Crawford FINALLY got his, Even though I sort of felt sorry for him. His youngest son went out bad too...Too many good guys getting killed. So I cant wait to see tonights chapter as well. I think last night was the best one to this point. Hopefully it will only get better.

DAGGER-1
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 293 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 05:53 AM UTC
I' been watching it also.......kinda.

I only was able to catch episodes 1 and 2. From what I have seen its pretty high quality TV, just like Band of Brothers. I think I will have to wait for the re-runs.
I really liked the bombing scene in the very beggining.......if only Spielberg would make a a movie about the 8th Air Force........or the Battle of Britain......or the Korean War....did everyone forget that one?!?!?!?

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 06:06 AM UTC

I've been watching on and off and have had a tough time keeping some of the characters straight.

Sort of like a really loooong X-Files.

Not really sure if I like it or not yet.

How many more are there?

Steve
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:01 AM UTC
[quote]I' been watching it also.......kinda.

I only was able to catch episodes 1 and 2. From what I have seen its pretty high quality TV, just like Band of Brothers. I think I will have to wait for the re-runs.
I really liked the bombing scene in the very beggining.......if only Spielberg would make a a movie about the 8th Air Force........or the Battle of Britain......or the Korean War....did everyone forget that one?!?!?!?

NO It just seems for some reason, Perhaps because it was not such a prolonged conflict,
And that it was only fought on one theatre of action. KOREA. That most folks prefer to leave it to the way side. OR perhaps it was not a very spectacular war. i.e. T.V. etc. Anyway this show is definanely an improvement over the other two shows that SCI-FI had on earlier last week. I mean they were so Aweful, That I could only stand to watch it for about 30 minutes
i.e. Terrible Acting, Screen play, etc, I mean it really Stunk !!! So yeah this one is a vast improvement. And it does keep you on the edge of your seats.

DAGGER-1

Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 01:57 AM UTC
Well Folks the end is near, And the show keeps getting better. WOW quiet a few suprises as well... Last nights big suprise was really cool. Folks just keep under-estimating the capabiluities of the visitors. And... Allie has quiet a few suprise in store too. Too bad about Erick Crawford though. He was just starting to understand the truth... BUT I still wonder what the whole pictuire is all about. Any ideas here ???

DAGGER-1
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 09:11 AM UTC

Well, was the ending a let-down for anyone? Did anything really happen over the 20 hours of the show? Guess I was expecting more of a 'big ending.'

I really liked the first episode and the next couple were pretty good, but I lost interest by the 5th one and only watched bits and pieces from then on...

Steve
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 09:59 AM UTC
I was reading the novel along with watching the mini-series - so - I liked it a bit more. The ending wasn't quite what I would have liked to have happened, but it was okay on TV. On the flip-side, Colonel Crawford in the book was no where as intimidating as the actor who portrayed him on TV. This instance, the imagination was bettered by the television...

Gunnie