_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Changed My Avatar
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 07:06 PM UTC
Don't know why, but I decided to change my avatar. They didn't have one of a fat, lazy old fart, so I went with a grunt. Never did like the idea of being an officer, which is why I opted for CSM. Why did you guys pick the avatars you chose, and for those who opted for other ranks, why did you choose that rank?
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 12:19 AM UTC
I first used a terminator-looking guy with sunglasses, but then asked Jim to look for a Robin Hood avatar. He found an archer guy but I didn't like him. I then thought to ask if he could get the fox Robin Hood from the Disney cartoon. My mother named me after Robin Hood from the Errol Flynn movie.

Much like my actual military rank, the rank here is earned.
NimitzFan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 01:52 AM UTC
How do you choose a different one? I for one would like my rank to be naval. Do we have that option?

Thanks,
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 03:05 AM UTC
Not any more. Jim was being inundated with rank requests and has since stopped doing them. I must admit that I was among the very last to recieve special treatment, and therefore contributed to Jim's woes, so I must accept partial responsibility for the practice being stopped. However, I think you can still request a special avatar if you have a picture to use. Jim doesn't do full size images of yourself, but a small icon type image like you already see might be okay. Unfortunately, Jim is in the middle of moving accross the country right now, so he won't be online to help for a while.

Rob
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 03:23 AM UTC
How do you get a rank?

I didn't see anything on the accounts page...so I figured it had something to do with how many posts you had on here, or if you contributed articles and pictures.

BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 04:43 AM UTC
It does, for a cmplete list go to Forum Help/Rank Info link at the bottom of this page.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:44 AM UTC
I chose Robin Hood because I'm related. If it was possible I would prefer british Staff Sergeant rank, cos that is the rank I was In the Royal Engineers.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP