_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
This is the beginning..i'm starting to ask :)
Dieselv8
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 04:26 AM UTC
So...what is the best material for a beginner to build houses or walls? I mean which is the easiest to use material?
The second...what is the best material for building bases? I want to build a hill or two.
Third: what paints are best to be used for bases and houses?
and the final one: what type pf glue do u guys recommend?

Hope i don't bother you too much

Thanks!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 01:13 PM UTC
First off... Hi Diesel! Good thing you're starting to ask...

Quoted Text

what is the best material for a beginner to build houses or walls? I mean which is the easiest to use material?

Check out this post in the forums on building walls.

An easy way of building walls for me is to get styrofoam board from any local bookstore, mark out the details you want on the wall, scribe out the markings, leaving the details, apply a thin layer of wall putty onto the styrofoam, wait for it to dry and paint.

Quoted Text

what is the best material for building bases?

Using photoframes is one way of making a base. Other materials include wood you get from your craft stores.

Quoted Text

what paints are best to be used for bases and houses?

It depends. Acrylics, Enamels, etc... they all can be used to paint bases and houses. I personally like to use Acrylics (maybe because they're the majority in my stash of paints )

Quoted Text

what type pf glue do u guys recommend?

If you're refering to gluing wooden houses, wooden fences, etc... then white glue will do fine. Super glue is also useable. If you're planning to glue plastics, then get cement (I use Tamiya's Extra Thin Cement).

Lastly, if you're new to diorama making and you're interested, check out this diorama feature by Keith Magee (KFMAGEE). It's a great feature to read on.

Sorry for the long reply...
Cheers,
Dieselv8
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 01:40 PM UTC
Thanks Umustb...real helpful indeed
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 02:13 PM UTC
Best help that can be given, as this is a road that has been travelled by many before you, is to hit Forum FAQ or use the site search engine. This will bring up most everything you need, and then for further info re peoples' personal experiences you can post what you need
Hope this helps
Brad
 _GOTOTOP