Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Enough eBay for me
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 07:42 AM UTC
I think I'm through with eBay. I sold a bunch of stuff just before the holiday (none model related) and while most transactions were smooth and fun, a few people made it so much of a hassle that it's just not worth it.

I don't know how people can sell for a living because the stress of dealing with all of it must make for an early grave!

How some people commuinicate - can you even call it communication?
UGGGGH!

Steve
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 08:27 AM UTC
I've had my share of problems...... that's why some people's terms and conditions are longer than the listing itself.............
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 01:45 PM UTC
Yeah loads of crap on there, look this is a genuine auction
now look at this one some one's account been hijacked and they are that thick they couldnt even what til the proper auction ended this

Also check out this seller he's selling ripped off verlinden and MIG production figures/busts not sure what other ones are in there either
AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 03:06 PM UTC
Haha - in regards to the last seller (selling the re-casts) I sent him an email asking if they where re-casts and if so was he aware it was illegal? His answer:
"all on my shop"
:-) :-)
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 08:13 PM UTC
My biggest problem with selling stuff on Ebay as that most people do not read the auctions thoroughly and still bid anyway.
When a problem arises because of this they act clueless about it. People need to read all of the rules before biddibg or buying.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 09:51 PM UTC
Yeah, proably 98% of the people are great and everything is cool, but it's that 2% that makes it not worth the bother.

Somone bought something from me 3 weeks ago; they just contact me yesterday to say it doesn't work (even thought it was tested to be working right before I shipped it) and they said they are just going to throw the item out because they can't get it to work!

Never asked for a refund and after I mentioned that they said it's because they 'don't want to pay shipping costs' and they say something about negative feedback and it's a first for them. What the heck!?

So I'm supposed to believe it really doesn't work and they had to wait this long to tell me and they'd rather just throw something in the trash than get money back. Sure. The next move will probably be them asking me to give a refund without having the merchandise returned. Yeah, I'll go for that...

Steve
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 10:02 PM UTC
I always put the "tested.... working when packaged shipped "AS IS" ..... other than one problem... where apparently customs opened and repacked a box... and some computer parts got mangled..... I've been lucky
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 01:47 AM UTC
Im thinking about setting up a Selling account so i can get rid some of this stuff, Anyone wanna buy a Gas Airsoft Pistol for 50 :-)
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 02:53 AM UTC
Well, I'm close to 200 sales and as I said it's very few people who seem to cause a problem. Some people can sell 1,000 things and not have a worry. Some sell one, and it's a headache.

Packing and sending is much more of a hassle then it seems. People get mad (I do myself) when they pay a few bucks more than actual postage, but it really takes a lot of effort to find a decent box, pack, print a label, and stand in line at the post office. If you figure the cost by hour, it's not a way to get rich.

Throw 20 items on eBay and you quickly have a full time job on your hands.
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 156 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 03:50 AM UTC
I alwhays put that the sale is final and haven't had any problems. Steve is right. It does take time to pack things right and stand in line at the post office. I always charge extra for shipping but that is because I buy packing materials at Staples.