_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Mixing kit
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 443 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 10:53 PM UTC
I am planning on doing quite a large dio to use up some of the figures that I have been collecting. Some of the figures have full boots on and some have ankle boots and puttees. Anyone know what sort of date Puttees were issued to the masses? Some of the figures have anti tank rifles, were these used after 1940 or were they obsolete by then. Following on from that when did the Panzerfausts start being used?
The MP40 was it used in '39 and the MG42 used before '42?
Hopefully I can use alot of these troops together depending on your answers if not I'll have to do a few small dio's instead.
Many thanks
Robbo

(ps hope your hangovers are gone by now and you feel better, I'm just about to start again )
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am planning on doing quite a large dio to use up some of the figures that I have been collecting. Some of the figures have full boots on and some have ankle boots and puttees. Anyone know what sort of date Puttees were issued to the masses? Some of the figures have anti tank rifles, were these used after 1940 or were they obsolete by then. Following on from that when did the Panzerfausts start being used?
The MP40 was it used in '39 and the MG42 used before '42?
Hopefully I can use alot of these troops together depending on your answers if not I'll have to do a few small dio's instead.
Many thanks
Robbo

(ps hope your hangovers are gone by now and you feel better, I'm just about to start again )

Hi Robbo,
hope this helps
Ankle boots and puttees,1943
mg42 1942
Panzerfausts , the 30 came out in aug 43 and the more common 60 in aug 44
anti tank rifle ,till wars end
as for the mp40 ,in this scale theres not much between the 38 and the 40
Andy
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 04:39 AM UTC
I'll double check but Im sure there's a picture in a book(war without garlands) which covers the period of the east front from
41-early 42 has a picture of somew troops and it looks like they are wearing puttys the picture was taken in the summer of 41 theres a good chance the picture is accurate as it pointed out in the book that funnily enough the 2 soliders who look like they were wearing them became casualties later that day
 _GOTOTOP