Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
X-wife through everything out in my MR!
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 10:28 PM UTC
My wife through everything from glue all the way up too the 1;350 Enterprise for warships but had my own PE maker set, Of coursed resin set. Too the new tamiya workstation.She said I loved the models more than her and she finailly WON over the models.

It's feels like she kicked in in the ( &^^%&$%^ ). I cann't sleep or eat. Does that concider me an addict for the plastic rap club.

I am getting some money for my taxs and was wondering what your thought's at what you would buy 1st in TOOLS, then a complete model not just OOB deal.

And what campaigns are going on that would peek my interest, like 1/350 ships, OIF, ODS theme,( IDF all wars)

Thanks for listening and I can not what to see what most people 1st model they would buy back to restore there stash.

(++) 1:35
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 10:52 PM UTC
I would not buy a model, but instead a gun. Just kiddin, but I think a good model to get back into the groove again would be something cheap and easy. A classic perhaps that you haven't built in a long time.

~Chip
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 10:58 PM UTC
Dude, post her phone number on a few "choice" websites...like here! I'll spend to give her a call for ya, ya know! I'm sure all the modelers here would love to give her a call and tell her what kind of allies "us modelers" have in the world.

Revengefully yours,
Cuhail
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,299 Posts
KitMaker Network: 347 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 11:52 PM UTC
Man, I feel your pain. All your hard work gone. Buy something that u always wanted to build but never had the time or money to. When it is done, mail her a picture of it and u having a candle light dinner. Perhaps find a nice modelling lady friend to pose in the pic Revenge is a dish best served cold.

wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:22 AM UTC
Hi Tom

You are not alone. Part of the way my ex-wife told me she wanted me gone was to take my workshop with everything in it tools, supplies, kits, both built and unbuilt bag it all up and toss it in the dumpsters around town. Hell, she even gave my desk away. To make a rather long story shorter. I started over in 2003 with just the will to build. My first kit was one of those pre-painted car kits [didn't have any paints] Slowly, I have rebuilt. I now have a new table. tool and supply stocks are growing, so is the kit stash. If this women could not see that your hobby was a part of you and not a rival to her @#% her. A cool idea would be to contact a model agency and see if you can get a picture with one the findess looking, best built ladys they have. Then send a copy to the ex and tell her what kind of models you got your hands on now.
Either way, a bit at a time, rebuild

Harry
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 01:29 AM UTC
surprising my wifes tolarant of my addiction to models and classic scooters(expensive and currenty got 4 ) the way I put it is quite simply I'm not pissing the money against the wall down in some ale house and I'm mostly at home which s'es fine about thinks its a quite a nice hobby as well.

If you can get all her clothes and dontate them to local charity shops around town imagine her face when she walks by in a paper bag can hardly ask for them back can she
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 05:13 AM UTC
What are the sequnce of events?
1.Was she your wife,did this,and became your ex?
2.was she your wife,became your ex,and came into your house and did this?
The first thing I would buy for the modeling room,is a
DEADBOLT DOOR LOCK!
(++) (++)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 05:17 AM UTC
First thing to do is talk to your lawyer. You may have recourse on several levels. All other suggestions, while fun to contemplate, would put you in significant hot water.
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
well she is your EX wife, so you SHOULD love models more than her.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 03:03 AM UTC
Good Grief!

Does have Florida have capital punishment?

Man...what restraint! Harrison is right, as an ex, you should love the models instead of her.....

My sympathy.

As far as a model suggestion.....1911.

But I would suggest Al's advice
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 02:17 PM UTC
Sounds like she threw away some quite valuable things, is there anyway you could seek any kind of legal action to gain compensation (preferably from HER) for your losses?
I mean it's not like there was a house fire or anything, she threw them out just to piss you off.
I'd go for it mate, get her back!
Cheers
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 09:17 PM UTC
OUCH!!!! Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Al has the best advice. Contact your lawyer. Not only was what she did wrong, it is also illegal. If this happened after your divorce was final, you should have grounds to file criminal charges for breaking and entering, and larceny. Depending on how much stuff you had and how much of it you can document, it might approach the limits of grand larceny. Nothing like a felony conviction to send a message.

If this happened while she was still married to you and wasn't brought up during the proceedings it may be difficult at this time to bring this up. But if the proceedings are still going on, the destruction of property of yours on her part COULD result in an offset to any financial "arrangements" a divorce court may impose on you.

As much as I tend to dislike lawyers due to some of the ridiculous suits that get filed, this is the time to get one and make her pay.

The best advice: "Don't get mad, get even."

Tom