Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
My Chemical Romance "Ghost of you musicvid
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 747 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:31 AM UTC
watch MTV2's T-Minus Hits and you might just see MCR's latest video "Ghost Of You that takes part at a USO dance thingy and at the Normandy D-Day invasion Or you can go here:
http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=all&p=Ghost+Of+You " TARGET="_blank"> http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=all&p=Ghost+Of+You
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:36 AM UTC
post what you think of it here
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:50 AM UTC
Well i dont think we were going to post replies to this in the figure forum now were we?
Although the D-Day scenes are well done, i dont think the music really matches.
To me they seem like they are just using a famous theme to try and make an entertaining music video, i doub they really care much about the story behind what they are portraying.
Cheers
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 09:02 AM UTC
yeah but no other band on MTV are doing MVs involving WW2 besides MCR. Is 50 Cent? No! IS Eninem? No he is too busy rapping about how he killed his mother while his little sister watched the whole thing. Is britney spears? No she is too busy babysitting kevin whatever-the hell-his-last-name-is.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 09:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No she is too busy babysitting kevin whatever-the hell-his-last-name-is.

Spears?
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 09:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Spears?

No, Federline :-) :-) :-)

I do agree with David though, Im not a big fan of their music or should i say that KIND of music,
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 11:01 AM UTC
Ah but mate, would you expect 50cent or eminem to rap about D-Day? I dont think MCR was even singing about D-Day, or WW2, like i said, i believe they just thought it would match well with their song, and make it more entertaining, and maybe get them the sympathy vote for making a "tribute" to such things.
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:36 PM UTC
If you ask me if the wanted a good war to fit the MV I would personally pick vietnam because a lot of our boys never came home.
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:45 PM UTC
the genre of MCR's music a gothic kind of music
I listen more to Punk Rock bands such as Rancid, Nirvana, Mike V And The Rats, The Casualties, The Clash, Black Flag, Good Charlotte, and The Misfits
and System Of A Down

NOTE: The bands' names are capitalize I'm not shout it is just something my language teacher taught us to do in class
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:45 PM UTC
the genre of MCR's music a gothic kind of music
I listen more to Punk Rock bands such as Rancid, Nirvana, Mike V And The Rats, The Casualties, The Clash, Black Flag, Good Charlotte, and The Misfits
and System Of A Down

NOTE: The bands' names are capitalized. So I'm not shouting. It is just something my language teacher taught us to do in class
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:32 AM UTC
Hi guys

Hey guys, how about helping me out with something. My kid has been talking about My Chemical Romance. She's asking for the new CD for her birthday. Now I listen to new music as well as clasic rock but I have never heard of this group or any of its music. Can you tell me something about. What are they like e.t.c., and if they are ok for a 11 year old little girl.
Harry
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:26 AM UTC
I havent heard alot, but from what i have, i dont think they are unsuitable for an 11 year old.
However i do suggest you get her something like The Eagles, Rolling Stones, The Who, or CCR, get her onto the good stuff! :-)
Cheers
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spears?

No, Federline

I see, so we should now refer to the songstress as Britney Federline? Doesn't quite sound as catchy I think.... . What a way to start the new year.

Quoted Text

If you ask me if the wanted a good war to fit the MV I would personally pick vietnam because a lot of our boys never came home.

not to start a slanging match here, but I think a lot more boys didn't come home from Europe or the Pacific. It's just not such a big deal because we won, so that "makes it alright"..

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:38 AM UTC
Luke, i suggest you read "Death of a Salesman" by Arther Miller. He literacly shows how materialistic life is becoming. Love, family, religion friends are no more important, it's all about money. Seriously, Jessica simpson sold her marage on tv, was a signer and now shes an actress Don't they all look like phoneys when you watch the mtv awards?(not only chemical romance)

Quoted Text

If you ask me if the wanted a good war to fit the MV I would personally pick vietnam because a lot of our boys never came home

How many never came back from Europe in world war one and world war two

No offense intended Luke, the song isn't bad, but im just wondering why they chose the famous scene.

Frank
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 01:54 AM UTC
buy her "Nevermind" by Nirvana
sonja-blue
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 05:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys

Hey guys, how about helping me out with something. My kid has been talking about My Chemical Romance. She's asking for the new CD for her birthday. Now I listen to new music as well as clasic rock but I have never heard of this group or any of its music. Can you tell me something about. What are they like e.t.c., and if they are ok for a 11 year old little girl.
Harry

Hi Harry,
My 12 year old listens to them.There is no swearing and they don't make her want to kill anyone,so i guess MCR are pretty safe for an 11 year old to listen to.

Lena