Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Wish me luck.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 10:38 PM UTC
Well I’m going in for dental surgery on the 4th so wish me luck. I get to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed.

But on the bright side I can only have clear fluids before I go in. Now I don’t know what he had on his mind when he said that but I know what the first clear fluid I thought of was. :-)
Hey they wouldn’t need to knock me out then. And that stuff makes a great painkiller to.

My also want to wish the people at the hospital luck to. They made me cut my beard off so I’m already pretty upset with them plus by the sound of things I’ll be pretty high that day. There’s a chance someone might get told off.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 11:08 PM UTC
I had four cut out about two years ago. Really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The hangover from the drugs after the surgery was worse than the pain. Be sure and irrigate like they tell you to. I understand dry socket is a kick in the teeth, so to speak.

Shaun
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 11:27 PM UTC
Dude, Drysocket SUCKS I6t's probably the Worst pain you'll ever have (next to Childbirth from what i've been told) I had a really mild case of it (for some reason) even though I followed the irrigation procedure.....
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 02:08 AM UTC
I had mine done in the dentists chair with a local.. Not to bad of a deal.. If they are knocking you out, you will be a bit more swollen.. Cuz they can really crank the gob open when yer snoozing,,, :-) :-)

Only clear liquids huh.. Does a fifth of vodka count??
Good luck dood...

Dave
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 05:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had mine done in the dentists chair with a local.. Not to bad of a deal.. If they are knocking you out, you will be a bit more swollen.. Cuz they can really crank the gob open when yer snoozing,,, :-) :-)

Ditto to this, and only 2 removed... Was given the option of horsepiddle, but in the chair it was quicker, no general, and about $1200 cheaper!! All I have spoken to who went to hospital said they were black and blue later... Am I helping here? :-)
I'll have a wee dram for you tonite
Cheers
*clink*
Brad
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 05:48 AM UTC
Hospital for wisdom teeth..... back when I had real teeth, you got them yanked with a shot of Novocaine, and sent home to rest..... wasn't a big deal.....
when I got the good old plastic ones that solved many heath and dental problems, they took out all of them, both tops and bottoms, in one shot, sitting in the dentist chair, and slapped in the plastic ones before I left. I lived on mashed potatoes and gravy, Jell-o, ice cream, and soda for the next two weeks.... or maybe it was three weeks......

Times sure have changed... hospital now for wisdom teeth.... doctor's office for surgery that use to be done in the hospital..... :-) :-) Good luck!!!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 06:40 AM UTC
I had mine done many years ago. Local anesthesia in a dental chair. They gave me a shot of vlalium IM. I had what's called a paradoxycal effect, it was like I was on speed, just about bouncing off the walls. Thing is, I don't remember much else about the day. One thing, never, ever watch Marathon Man before going to the dentist. Is it safe?
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 07:10 AM UTC
I took the local anaesthetic in spite of the offer of the gas, several years ago when I had four out. I was alert enough to see the bloody chunks of teeth coming out of my head (fond memories, eh?) and didn't embarass myself by saying something the I shouldn't ...(
Quoted Text

There’s a chance someone might get told off.

)

Good luck!
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:46 AM UTC
Well, when I got mine taken out, they put me on Vicoden. I gotta say, that's some powerful stuff! Now, for some people, it makes them goofy. For me, however, I would be walking along, and BAM! I would fall, and sleep until someone woke me up. I gotta say, I never got so much sleep in my life! Thanks for your time.
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 05:58 PM UTC
Thanks guys.

Sounds like I’m lucky with all this new stuff they have now.

I’ll try to follow there instruction but I don’t know how well that will go with the drugs.

Heck I don’t even remember what it is there giving me. I don’t do well with those big names.

Dave I was thinking of something a bit stronger then vodka.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:36 AM UTC
My recommendation, from personal experience, only have two at a time done on ONE side. Allowed you to "chew" solids on the other. Tho, the liquid diet sounds good...................Guiness...........

Hehehhehehe,

Mike
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave I was thinking of something a bit stronger then vodka.

Whatever you like Jacob.. As long as it helps...

Dave
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:22 AM UTC
good luck mate! ive had mine pulled out this summer...

The surgery isn't as bad as some people say( ) lol.maybe.

The worst realy is the hang over. you can't eat any solid and my dentist said my stitched would fall off alone so i chewed mine off lmao, when i went back a week later she sat me in hte chair opened my moth and asked were my stitches went lol :-) then she said hte reason i came back was to have them removed lol.

Good luck mate, after a while there's no problem.

Frank
Triple_M
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:25 AM UTC
Hey, Jacob

I wish you luck. I had my wisdom teeth removed 5 months ago only, and, despite the fact that it was in a surgery room, it was a dental one, and I took local shots only. It's just like undergoing medieval torture, but without the pain :-)

Really! One of my teeth was encrusted into the jaw bone and the method was simply to crack the way into the tooth with horrendous looking instruments and then have it removed by gradually tearing it to pieces. It took a whole afternoon to do that. I spilled blood like a piggy when a wolf devours it :-) maybe this enough will qualify myself for admission in the sty (++) All this was nothing but some gruesome looks. The real problem was the pain I felt for 3 weeks, barely tamed by medicines so strong they messed up with my stomach...

But you'll be oblivious to such an ordeal, and that's why I'm sharing my experience...
:-)
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 02:25 AM UTC
Thanks guys.

I’ll be going in 1st thing in the morning.

It may be a few days before I’m back on line.
I’ll see you all later.