Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Some nice aviation photos
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 10:11 AM UTC
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 to be exact, got it for Christmas, and mate, what a blast.
Downloaded a stack of extra aircraft such as the F-14A with "VF-1 Maverick & Goose-Top Gun" markings, F-16C, and many more.
Thought i'd share these shots with you, i think they are pretty nice.
First two shots are of me breaking the sound barrier over Gipplans, Victoria, Australia, in the F-14A "Maverick & Goose".

These 3 are from my day in virtual Arizona, went hunting for the Grandcanyon from Flagstaff airfield, wasn't hard to miss, head north west and unless youve got your eyes shut your gonna see the massive hole in the ground :-)

And the last, and my favourite, for those of you whove seen topgun, this is me keeping up foreign relations, watch the birdie :-)

Cheers guys
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 11:07 AM UTC
Impressive... never knew that game could be that impressive in terms of graphics.

BTW, are there WWII planes present? How about dogfights?
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 11:25 AM UTC
G'day mate.
we need to take to the fight in BFV again sometime soon
For this sim (FS9-Microsoft flight simulator 2004) it comes with i think 25 aircraft, all civilian, mostly light planes, and a few larger airliners, however if you want any other aircraft imaginable you simply download them from the many websites on the net, everything from WW1, WW2, to modern day, there are also many fantasy aircraft, but those dont particularly interest me.
some good places to download these freeware aircraft are..

simviation

avsim

flightsim

aussim
Cheers Ralph have a good christmas
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 10:51 PM UTC
This game looks pretty sweet. Im taking you need to have a joystick to get the full experice? Hows the Multiplayer?