Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Lucky Model
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 737 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 07:52 AM UTC
Just a heads up for those who might use Lucky Model. I have used them twice, and both times I haven't received my order on time. Both times I have had to contact them to inquire about the order, and both times their response was such and such item is out of stock. Now this might not seem to be a big deal, but, when the order was placed-both times-these items were listed as "available" according to their own site. Even after they informed me of this, the said items remain listed as "available" So you order something, wait for it to arrive for almost two weeks, then find out it's out of stock, and could be several more weeks before it's restocked. Very frustrating. I don't mind waiting for an out of stock item as long as I know that ahead of time. I think it's bad business not to inform a customer at the time of the order.
They do have great prices on items, but after being burned both times I have used them, I think I will spend my money somewhere else.
Thanks for listening-I feel better.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 08:26 AM UTC
I just ordered from the last week.... Just sent a Email to confirm stuff was instock and shipped......
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 08:46 AM UTC
I hope your luck is better than mine.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 01:28 PM UTC
I've used them loads of times and there's never been any trouble whatsoever. I think your expression 'been burned' is a bit melodramatic. It was a bit late? They were mistakenly under the impression they had it in stock.? :-)

Vinnie
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 01:35 PM UTC
Dont worry mate, im in the same boat, placed the order on the 10th, was told evetything was in stock, a week later, wondering why it hadnt been shipped, e-mailed them was told 1 item was out of stock, so i got them to replace it with another item, another week later, i wondered why it still hadnt been shipped, they then told me the replacement item was now out of stock, even though they had told me directly (via personel e-mail) that the replacement item was in stock.
BUT, they came through, ive been told that the out of stock item will be shipped at a later date free of charge, and that the rest of the order is being shipped on the 28th.
Give them time, they arent next door, and it's not like it's the laziest time of year
Cheers
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 05:33 PM UTC
I've ordered from them a couple of times and can't say I've received anything less than excellent service from them... hopefully your problems are only due to this time of year being the silly season...

Rudi
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 07:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've used them loads of times and there's never been any trouble whatsoever. I think your expression 'been burned' is a bit melodramatic. It was a bit late? They were mistakenly under the impression they had it in stock.? :-)

Vinnie

Well, I guess that sums that right up. Just because you have never had any problems, that must mean that Lucky Model is perfect. Now that was melodramatic. I think calling me melodramatic could certainly be construed as pompous, and not very constuctive to this thread. Had my first order only been 5-10 days late, and not over a month, then that would be a "bit late".
Once again, if they had simply informed me in a reasonable amout of time that my items were out of stock, instead of processing my payment and making me wait well beyond my delivery date without saying anything, is just bad business.

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

--snip--my items were out of stock, instead of processing my payment and making me wait well beyond my delivery date without saying anything--snip--

Hmmmm, with my orders they usually waited until the order was filled/ready for dispatch before processing the payment...

Anyway, hopefully Raymond will see this post and be able to shed more light on the situation from a LM point-of-view...
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 08:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

--snip--my items were out of stock, instead of processing my payment and making me wait well beyond my delivery date without saying anything--snip--

Hmmmm, with my orders they usually waited until the order was filled/ready for dispatch before processing the payment...
Anyway, hopefully Raymond will see this post and be able to shed more light on the situation from a LM point-of-view...

Hi Rudi,
I'm not sure if the payment was actually charged to my account, but here is the e-mail confirmation.

PAYMENT RECEIPT CONFIRMATION

Dear Brian D Paulsen,

Payment Number: XXXXXXX
Thanks for your order and the payment. We will email you the shipping advice asap. You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by visiting Your Account at www.luckymodel.com.

DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 545 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 09:07 PM UTC
I think the silly season has alot to do with it.I've had at least 6 or 7 orders with them and all have been A1.The one order that did take almost 5 weeks was my own fault by checking out with surface mail not air.

Yes I have had stuff back ordered but they did get it out in a timely fashion.

Jim
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 09:13 PM UTC
Brian,
Firstly, when Lucky Model describe something as 'Available' it does not mean the same as 'in stock',, it actually means 'out of stock, but available! read the web site Faqs.
Secondly, the circumstances you describe can hardly be described as being 'burned'. In fact, to do so is somewhat of an over reaction, and could conceivably, damage a legitimate traders reputation. Moreover, a trader that has gone out of their way to become a member here and answer any questions put to them, in addition to said trader being the recipient of many an excellent recommendation.

Vinnie
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 12:05 AM UTC
Ok, after lookingg 1 thing is "Available" vs "In Stock"
And that's the Mr Surfacer 1000........... The 500 is in stock...LOL
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 08:56 AM UTC
Ok, lets play a game,
Parks20, I have model X "available" for $10.00-who want's it?
Member-I do.
Parks20, just send me $10.00, plus s&h, and model x will be there in 7-11 days. I will even send you an e-mail saying so.
Fast forward to day 20.
Member-Parks20, wheres my order? You said it was available and would be here in 7-11 days. I need my model now.
Parks20, even though I said it's available, it's out of stock. I will send it to you some time in the future, but I don't know when.
Member-But you took my money and said my product would arrive no later than 11 days.
Parks20-sorry. It's out of stock.

Now member, how many times do you deal with this type of situation before you get mad and complain?
It happened to me twice, but apparently I'm over reacting, and have no business complaining.
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 01:10 PM UTC
You still haven't read the FAQs gave you? :-) :-) :-)

Vinnie
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 02:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In Stock

Accept Order

Backorder

Preorder

I assume "Accept order" = Available

http://www.luckymodel.com/doc/NL041108-0092/policies.htm

Matt
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 03:23 PM UTC
Just to put my two cents in here. To "be burned" by someone to me means you have been ripped off and have no chance of getting either what you ordered or your money back. This is what Bryan Gray did to me and a lot of others.

What has happened to you is "bad service" . so these are two totally different things one being far worse then the other.

Now you got bad service so rather then muck arround ask for your money back and I am sure Lucky Models will do that for you.

Just my 2cents worth and no further discussion on this topic will be entered into.

Cheers
Cliff
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 03:41 PM UTC
Thanks Cliff. Exactly my point.

Vinnie
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 08:21 PM UTC
This has gone on long enough, and this will be my last comment.
1-Matt, thanks for posting that, but if you click on a picture of an item, along with the description, it will say available or out of stock. What you are referring to is listed at a later point-not when you place your order-that's what I was going by.
2-Yes, items marked as available, are not "in stock" I did not know that til I brought this topic up. I should have looked into it a little deeper. However, at least in my opinion, available means available. Not available eventually.
3-Vinnie, there is no FAQ section on the site, however there is a "policy" section. Listed below is their policy on contacting a customer on product availbility. They did not follow policy.
3. Product Availability

The product availability estimate refers to the time it will take the item to leave our fulfillment center once you place your order. The product availability will be shown on each detailed product description screen. The product availability will show as:

In Stock

Accept Order

Backorder

Preorder

The listed availability might not be applicable for sudden increase in demand for an item. If any items in your order proved to be unavailable, we will inform you for details. All items from an order not in stock and with uncertain availability or discontinued items will not be backordered.

In the second section of paragraph 2, they say they will "inform" you of unavailable items. That has not been my experience, and that's what I complained about.

4-Lastly, I sent Lucky Model an e-mail explaining my two bad experiences with them and their response is below. Read the last sentence in paragraph 1, I think perhaps, they have had complaints about this subject before.

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the poor performance from us. We are working out a new ordering and status software system. The new system will notify you within 48 hours of product availability which the items are not in stock. We know this is a problem and we are working hard to overcome with better purchasing integration.

Anyway, thank you very much for your response. By the way, do we have any outstanding orders with you ? If so, please let me know. I will follow up for your personally.

Regards

Raymond

LuckyModel.com

This is good customer service, had I experienced this, rather than what's already been mentioned, then none of would have been an issue.

Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 08:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

.........and this will be my last comment.......

................Promise? :-) :-) :-)

Vinnie
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 10:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

.........and this will be my last comment.......

................Promise? :-) :-) :-)

Vinnie

As a staff member of this site, one would think you would act a little more professional. Instead of being insulting, perhaps you should just not comment. You have tried to dismiss my complaint from the beginning. You should be setting a good example for others to follow, and not making it seem ok to be smug to other members of this site.
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 10:41 PM UTC
Brian..............ahhhhh! It's Christmas. Lighten up eh? Nobody has dismissed your complaint. What we have dismissed is your insistance that you were 'burned' by Lucky Model. You clearly weren't. You ordered something that was out of stock but available. Then got upset 'cos you didn't get it straight away. Remember, we are not Lucky Model. You weren't making a complaint as such. You do that to them. You're just informing us. Presumably putting it up for discussion? I think it's quite clear. They don't have it in stock but it's not a deleted model, it's available, it will have to be ordered by them, therefore the inference is that it will take a little longer. As opposed to the little green circle that says 'In Stock' underneath it.

Vinnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 11:40 PM UTC
Errr....here is a no-brainer for anyone who knows retail or mail-order sales...There is no such thing as company where no one has compained about their service, speed, or availability.

Heck there are plenty of people who don't think companies like Amazon are very good. But I kind of feel sorry for the person who had 2 bad orders with them and never ordered from them again.

Cheers,
Jim