Post your general item needs here.
Warrior crew figures?
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:07 PM UTC
I'm looking to get some decent crew figures for the Warrior MCV. Accurate Armour do some, but I'm looking for a crew in cold weather gear, ideally with infantry helmets. The Accurate Armour ones with the helmets look a bit off, helmets a tad too big and too high on the head, and the nice set in 'cold gear' with scarfs etc are wearing the standard AFV helmets, whereas the photo's I'm working with show all crews in Bosnia to be wearing Infantry helmets....

I've had a look around but have drawn a blank with the usual suspects ( Warriors, Resicast, Alpine..). I hope that tapping into the fond off wisdom that is the members here that I can unearth some more suggestions.

Thanks for your time

Henk
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:57 PM UTC
If you want accurate figures you are a little limited for options.

The only accurate figures are either accurate armour, or blast models new set.

The blast models set is great, but wouldnt be suitable for winter use.

Steer clear of the warriors bosnia crew set, it is totally inaccurate in uniforms, and the crew have webbing pouches(again wildly inaccurate) which would not be worn by the turret crew.

My recomendations would be to get one of the accurate armour sets and add balaclavas to the faces.

The issue head-over is pretty thin with one main hole in the front. it would be very simple to add to an existing head
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 12:15 AM UTC
Cheers Joe,

Accurate armour it is then, I really like the Warrior crew, I'll just add a cover over those helmets to turn them into Infanty helmets. I like the scarfs, although I might give the one with oput a scarf one of those 'polar balaclava' things..

Henk
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 05:19 AM UTC
I have the warriors set but agree that webbing is pretty inaccurate. What I plan to do is just use the heads and modify some regular kit figures with the arms from the warriors kit. Warriors do offer the head set I think separate I think and you can just purchase the heads only.

Cheers

Ray
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 05:21 AM UTC
I have James, and I have actually just ordered one of their figure sets. Seems that they are the only ones for a decent winter crew.

Cheers
Henk
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 01:30 PM UTC
Ray,

The warriors set also has inacurrate uniforms in some of the figures.

The standing figure is wearing CBA (combat body armour) so with the webbing reworked would be fine.

The turret crew and driver in the set have totally inaccurate combat jackets and no CBA.

The standing figure (which was available seperately) is the only one worth buying.

Henk, if you need photos of the head over with helmet worn etc PM me and ill see if i can take some over christmas.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC
try using the Cvrt crew they dont look too bad
 _GOTOTOP