Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Snowed in..........
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 07:38 PM UTC
and it's not even "offically" winter yet.

Hi, Well, here in SW Ohio we're getting hit once again with some snow, around 2 to 4 inches by tonight (which is better than the 22 inches we got about a year ago.). The snow itself isn't all that bad, but it was the freezing rain that came during the night that make the driving somewhat fun. And of course those on the road who think that just because they have 4-wheel drives they can go anywhere, at any speed. Just love to see these people off the road and/or up a tree, as I saw quite literally earlier today. And I'm sure the tow companies love it too. My little Chevy hhr just purred right along. Those Mexicans sure make good cars.

Since I don't have the grand kids today it will be a great time to spend working on my Panzer IV Ausf. E kit and railroad carrier to put it on. That and an occasional trip outside to shovel off the driveway. And an occasional eye on this Infernal Machine here as well, and a couple other hobbies that I may take time to fool with.

Will enjoy this time as in about 1 1/2 weeks I will get the grand kids full time every day when their mother goes back to work. There will be no modeling then. Just some occasional head-banging for myself on a wall someplace around the house. Ha, ha!

Take care, Sgirty
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 03:19 AM UTC
Boy, I can relate to no modeling with the grandkids around! I only get the two youngest two to three days a week, but it sure feels like more.

Especially the youngest who will turn two this month. She has to check everything out and I have to put all my modeling stuff up when she is here, otherwise she will grab what she can reach and proceed to scatter it all over the house!

Good luck!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 03:37 AM UTC
well, they are saying 6 inches here by morning.... OH well, good night to stay in, download photos, build a model......

Maybe even do the dishes...... :-) :-)
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 05:47 AM UTC
Im hopin for a snow day... :-) :-)

Dave
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 06:29 AM UTC
We expecting 3-4 inches of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain from 2:00 am through 2:00 PM. I'm not going to work. If we aren't told to stay home, I have a personal day left to cover me. To paraphrase Danny Glover, "I'm getting too old for this ice."
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 01:18 PM UTC
Well, 3 AM here... we have turned to freezing rain....
looks like an ice skating rink outside...... Hopefully the promised warmer temperatures will melt a lot before work tonight.... Old men with bad legs, and ice don't mix.... :-)
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 884 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 03:41 PM UTC
Hey guys, no car hockey the sport is far too expensive! LOL's

We have much better things to do with our money and time!
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2005 - 12:07 AM UTC
Had an inch of snow on the ground this morning (all gone already) and you'd think the world had ended. The people here, who already can't drive, were being total twits, and half the staff called in saying they couldn't make it in because of the snow.

1" = a light dusting not even worthy of a shovel
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2005 - 03:45 AM UTC
Well, we lucked out here.... after the freezing rain passed, the temps went up to the mid 40's and 90% of the last snow fall melted also.....
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2005 - 04:05 AM UTC
We got about 10 cms maybe where I live here in Central Ontario. Just enought to get the snow blower out again.

Made it to work this morning but the road was a bit sloppy.