Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
WWII ger post stamps
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC
Tried posting this in junk draw, but garnered no responses.

Does anyone know how I can find out if stamps I have from WWII era, Ger., Belg., Check., are worth anything ?
Tried awhile ago to access European auctions but didn't get much of a response.
I have WWII era or earlier stamps from Ger., Belg., Iraq., Russia., Chek., Ireland., - just about everywhere - Europe. east Europe etc.
Thanks in advance Cheyenne

Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 12:32 AM UTC
As a stamp collector the last I heard was they are not worth much but dont quote me. try doing a google for Stanley Gibbons web site they are the major mover in the field their prices are the hobby standards. good lu ck

I just done a search myself , easy to find go to country I put in germany and got a drop down with a list of occupied countries just click on them and you get your values.
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
John thanks for the Stanley Gibbons tip, Chris Edwards [ Tango 20 ] has given me the same advise, now I've found that I have a couple of very valuable stamps, but the S.G. site wants 49 lbs from me to set up a buy and sell account.
It would certainly be worth the investment on my part , but I feel like I'm being reeled in. Further expenses to follow type of thing and then low balling me an offer.
We have millions of used car salesmen in the U.S. - not that S.G. is not reputible, it's just that if the stamps I have are worth so much why would I have to cough up $, for them to tell me what I've already foud out from seeing the same stamps he has for sale on his site.
I mean here's my stamps how much will you give me for them,sounds easy huh ?
Oh well back into the cigar box it's still worth a couple thousand dollars there as well.
Thanks again John - Cheyenne
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 02:55 PM UTC
Glad you have some value stamps there, If they were mine I would try a stamp dealer or E bay I only use S.G. for values and you get them for nothing. Good Luck.
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 747 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 01:56 AM UTC
I have some hitler heads stamps and some other WW2 German stamps as I am a stamp collecter. (So is my dad.)
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 747 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 - 02:06 AM UTC
If they say Deutches Reich on them then they're definitally Nazi but not exactly always WW2 the stamps might be WW1 or between WW1 and WW2 and also look for swastikas on them that is always a dead giveaway but look at the cancelations on the stamps closely as I have a stamp that has a swatstika on the stamp itself and one in the cancellation on the stamp as well. Use a magnifying glass if you need to. Or post pictures of the stamps and my dad and I will be able to help you out.