_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Is there anything to put paintbottles in so they don't break??
alphasniper
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 83 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 05:58 AM UTC
I just reacently went to paint a figure and found that my flesh tone bottle was shattered in the bottom of my modeling crafts box. is there any type of storage i can use to prevent this?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 06:21 AM UTC
Whoa - that's never happened to me before AlphaSniper! I don't store my paints with my hobby tools and supplies, however. I keep those separate and in a cool, dark, place - like the floor of a closet, when I'm not using them.

Gunnie
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 06:45 AM UTC
I have one of those VHS tape cabinets that's about 1' wide, 1' deep and 4' tall (our tape collection out grew it). It has a glass door similar to a stereo cabinet with several adjustable shelves. I store many little paint bottles in it as well as Testors spray cans.
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 09:54 AM UTC
I have an old 3 drawer dresser (about 3 feet high) that I bought at a garage sale for $2....actually fits all my paints
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 11:41 AM UTC
I got a small wire paint rack off ebay. Originally for Badger "FreakFlex" paints. Holds sthe small Tamiya bottles, Model Master, PolyScale and of course, Badger bottles. Still have to find something for the small square Testors bottles.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 02:35 PM UTC
Myself I am a toolbox nut!!

At least over here in Europe you can get any size and shape of toolbox for very little money. Curver is the brand anyway so they are tough plastic (what better for a modeller?), seems like a US based firm. But when I run out of room, I go shopping for a new one!!

Pretty soon I'm gonna need a toolbox for my toolboxs
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 08:18 PM UTC
I use the carrying box of an electric drill. The drill was broken a long time ago, but the carrying case has just the right size to host all my old Tamiya bottles and the new Vallejos. It's easy to carry and all bottles snugly fit in so they don't shove arond in there.
Like gunnie, I store them in on the floor of a closet : dark, cool and out of harm's (= my little son & the cleaning lady's ) way.
alphasniper
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 83 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 09:54 AM UTC
Whoa, that was fast response to my question. Thank you for the facts I geuss keeping all of my other stuff with my paint isn't too bright, I'm going to start looking for some type "small" container that i can keep in my basement where my mom and brother won't have a chance finding them thanks for the help i realize now that i kept them in an area where they were heated and kept at a high temp well thanks
 _GOTOTOP