Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
Ten Commandments of The Canadian Airborne
2CDO
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 30 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:18 PM UTC
Ten Commandments Canadian
Airborne Regiment

1 You are the elite of the Canadian Army. For you action shall be fulfilment and you must train yourself to stand every test.
2 Cultivate true comradeship, for together with your comrades you will triumph or die.
3 Be shy of speech and incorruptible. The strong act, the weak chatter; chatter will bring you to the grave.
4 Calmness and caution, thoroughness and determination, valour and a relentless spirit of attack will make you superior when the test comes.
5 Face to face with the enemy, the most precious thing is ammunition. The man who fires aimlessly merely to reassure himself has no guts. He is a weakling and does not deserve the name of "Paratrooper."
6 Never surrender. Your honour lies in victory or death.
7 Only with good weapons can you achieve success. Look after them therefore, on the principle, "First my weapons, then myself."
8 You must grasp the full meaning of each operation so that, even if your leader should fall, you can carry it out coolly and warily.
9 Fight chivalrously against an honourable foe; fifth columnists and civilian snipers deserve no quarter.
10 With your eyes open, keyed up to the highest pitch, agile as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as steel, you will be the embodiment of a Canadian Paratrooper.
MY LIFE YOU!
AIRBORNE!
"OSONS"