_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
m - 9?? u.s. trucks
r19f
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 63 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 10:53 AM UTC
i am looking for help with my hobby fan m -936a2 and m - 948a1 convertion kit's. i have the italeri m -925 shelter and the m -977 hemtt trucks, can i use them . if not what can i use .as you can see i am not a wheel builder so all the help will be appreiciated
thanks in advance of your help
eddie

GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:00 PM UTC
Eddy,
I think you've a really exciting project on your hands there, but I don't understand your question. What is it exactly you need to know ?
Jan
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 03:11 PM UTC
For the 5 ton wrecker, the most notable difference between an M936 and an M936A2 is that the A2 has the larger 6-tire format with CTIS. Therefore, since you have an M925, it has the older 10-tire format. So you can build an M936(A-nothing) by converting only the bed into a wrecker bed. The other Italeri 5 ton is the M923A1 (kit #279). It has the A2 style tires, but does not have a front winch like an M925 does (although the sprues may have the winch parts on it).

A0/A1 have the 250hp engine, A2 has the turbocharged 240hp engine. A1 and A2 look alike with the 6-tire system, A0 uses the 10-wheeled system.

Either way, you have a big job ahead of you by converting the bed. I have pictures of several M936A2s in my motorpool album located in the gallery.

For the HEMTT wrecker (I am assuming you mean an M984E1 and not an M948A1), again you have quite a chore converting the bed and crane into the wrecker variant. The M984A1 had a small cargo bed between the recovery crane and the engine. I've never seen one in my 19 years in the Army. More common is the M984E1. This wrecker has a bunch of tool and storage bins instead of the mini-bed. I believe the storage bed is removable, but have never seen it downloaded. It has all sorts of maintenance and recovery goodies in it like oxy/acetelyne tanks, tow bars and the like.

The Italeri M977 is the logical choice for this conversion.

After seeing some of Jan's work, I never doubt anyone's ability to convert vehicles. His scratchbuilds are superb. I wish you luck in your endeavor. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of an M984E1 in my motorpool. Long story, we lent it out to someone, they trashed it, it's been in the shop for a long time. I will take some photos next year, but much good that'll do you.

Disclaimer: If this question was answered in error, or an answer not required/expected/wanted, please notify me and I will delete the post. This post is not intended as an attack on any persons posting prior to or after this post. Please feel free to disregard/disbelieve/discount any information contained in the post.
r19f
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 63 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 10:17 AM UTC
thank you for the info, i have orderd the other kit and will do a chop job on both to get a m-936A2 as for the 984 the m-977 will be used with a little cut and shut
thenks again
eddie
MAD_DUCK
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 06:32 PM UTC
Any of Italeri's M923 kits will work for the M936A2 conversion, it has the tires for the A2 and new wench for the front
Vince
 _GOTOTOP